corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » The Sub, sounds cack....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Sub, sounds cack....
Matty L

User status: Offline
   31st Oct 04 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About a week ago i purchased a sub, amp,box, and wiring kit deal from caraudiosecurity.com.Carnt complain about the service, it was great

heres the deal i bought.

http://caraudiosecurity.com/catalog/product_info.php+cPath+60_98_171+products_id+2939

Im not hapy with the sub at all, i dont know if its just me but all i here is noise...i'm a dj and use very expensize headphones which give clear and accurate bass and are brilliant...but this sub is just making humming noises....and making the car vibrate...spoiling my music

Now, the amp is 180 watts below the max RMS of the sub......is this the reason?

should i get rid of the sub, power the front infinity components with the infinity amp.....get a new top quality sub and amp to power it..wiring is all in place and i have the box.....i just want nice clear accurate bass and not noise the chavs love it, and think its cool but it just sounds shit to me
Dom

31st Oct 04 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like distortion, or you havnt run the subs in properly.
although for the sub, your really after a 450-500wRMS amp mate and then turn the gains down abit

And yes, if the amp is a 2 channel jobby then i would power the comps off that and get another for the sub

and p.s - DJ equipment and ICE is abit different, considering your listening to 50mm drivers, where as a 12" sub is a 305mm driver Plus Dj headphones arnt that clear in terms of sound quality (if you want to get picky).
Matty L

31st Oct 04 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
although for the sub, your really after a 450-500wRMS amp mate and then turn the gains down abit

And yes, if the amp is a 2 channel jobby then i would power the comps off that and get another for the sub

and p.s - DJ equipment and ICE is abit different, considering your listening to 50mm drivers, where as a 12" sub is a 305mm driver Plus Dj headphones arnt that clear in terms of sound quality (if you want to get picky).

you mugging me off

I was just trying to explain what kinda sound i was expecting.....are u saying the bigger the drive....the less accurate the bass is

just wondering.

Also, i dought the sub is distorting...i was hoping you'd say its because the sub is shit, then i would only have to buy i new one.
AdiSRI

31st Oct 04 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it sounds like a 12" + sub, mines exactly the same even with good quality gear.

I too like to hear the music with a quality punch not a drone.

Go to 8 or 10" subs and sela them in as small a box as they allow.
Dom

31st Oct 04 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Matty Lee18
quote:

you mugging me off

I was just trying to explain what kinda sound i was expecting.....are u saying the bigger the drive....the less accurate the bass is

just wondering.

Also, i dought the sub is distorting...i was hoping you'd say its because the sub is shit, then i would only have to buy i new one.

yes, the bigger the driver the less accurate bass it produces, however, the bigger the driver the deeper bass the driver can produce - hence why, people after loud SPL systems usually go for 15" subs. Whereas, people who listen to rap/hiphop/rnb use 10" subs because they give a tight bass

but yes, the sub is abit cack, but i thick feeding it more juice will help alot....plus your comps will sound 100 times better with an amp
Matty L

31st Oct 04 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

you mugging me off

just wondering.

yes, the bigger the driver the less accurate bass it produces, however, the bigger the driver the deeper bass the driver can produce - hence why, people after loud SPL systems usually go for 15" subs. Whereas, people who listen to rap/hiphop/rnb use 10" subs because they give a tight bass

but yes, the sub is abit cack, but i thick feeding it more juice will help alot....plus your comps will sound 100 times better with an amp

your a nice geeza

thanks for your help once again, i just dont shut up
Dom

31st Oct 04 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

you mugging me off

just wondering.

your a nice geeza

thanks for your help once again, i just dont shut up

tbh mate, i feel there should be a simple Corsa ICE FAQ sticky post with basic info, would help loads
ed

31st Oct 04 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like this one perhaps?

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=42847
Dom

31st Oct 04 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1800ed
Like this one perhaps?

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=42847

no a FAQ, not a tech talk dictionary
Basicaly stuff like "how much depth is there in a door for speakers" - answer being Corsa B 66mm Corsa C xxmm......stops people asking the same questions etc etc
ed

31st Oct 04 at 21:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

K, why not write one then rather whan whining when somone makes a sugestion.
AdiSRI

31st Oct 04 at 21:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe we can write one between us sometime...
Richie

1st Nov 04 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to be honest matty you arent gonna get a quality sounding setup from what uve got. If ur a DJ and are used to quality sound you need to be spending much more than that.

New Poll