corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Galaxy S3 people

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Galaxy S3 people
Balling
Premium Member

User status: Offline
5th Oct 12 at 05:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jesus this thread has gone bad.

I love the whole "who's fattest" competition. Very cool stuf.

Balling
Premium Member

5th Oct 12 at 06:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I would have thought the ppi would be greater on a smaller screen anyway?
That has no correlation. The PPI is defined by the physical size of each pixel, so making a larger screen with the same PPI would just require more pixels.

That said, on a 13" screen and a 10" screen with the same resolution the PPI will of course be greater on the smaller of the two.

Steve
Premium Member

5th Oct 12 at 07:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't that what I just said I know the iPhone had a slightly lower res but it has a much smaller screen

[Edited on 05-10-2012 by Steve]
Balling
Premium Member

5th Oct 12 at 07:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have no clue what you're trying to say?

Is PPI greater on a smaller screen? No.

It CAN be, but it has no correlation.

A2H GO

5th Oct 12 at 07:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Two screens of the same res, one big, one small. The small one will have a higher PPI, therefore it does correlate with size?
Balling
Premium Member

5th Oct 12 at 08:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Two screens of the same res, one big, one small. The small one will have a higher PPI, therefore it does correlate with size?
Yes, but you could easily have a third screen the same size of the big one but same PPI as the small one, so saying smaller screens have higher PPI is false.

You can choose to change the size of a screen by adding or subtracting pixels or by changing the physical size of the pixels.

The iPhone 5 has a large screen than the iPhone 4, but holds the exact same PPI as they have simply added pixels to the screen in stead of altering their size.

Likewise it is perfectly possible to make a 4.8" screen with the same PPI.

Steve
Premium Member

5th Oct 12 at 08:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exactly so in actual fact to the eye the screen will look no sharper on the 5 than the previous model
Balling
Premium Member

5th Oct 12 at 08:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Exactly so in actual fact to the eye the screen will look no sharper on the 5 than the previous model
To the eye?

There's no difference at all, except the screen is taller. I don't think any one has claimed this will make it sharper?

A2H GO

5th Oct 12 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, so PPI is dependant on both resolution and screen size.

Steve- Yes, both 326ppi.
Balling
Premium Member

5th Oct 12 at 08:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by A2H GO
Yes, so PPI is dependant on both resolution and screen size.
Or screen size is dependent on resolution and PPI.

Or resolution is dependent on PPI and screen size.

Nic Barnes

5th Oct 12 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See the iPhone advert mocks the stupid size of the s3.
Balling
Premium Member

5th Oct 12 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So?

Steve
Premium Member

5th Oct 12 at 10:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah smaller screen obviously means better, all these silly people buying tvs with bigger screens etc.

Apple have missed the point that phones have basically become full on media centers, and believe it or not films and videos actually look better on bigger screens
Nic Barnes

5th Oct 12 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd not chose to watch a film on my phone. I have a tv for that. I'd also not call someone on my tv as I have a phone for that. Missed no tricks, just doing it proper instead of having a tiny tv and an over sized novelty phone in one non pocket friendly size.
Steve
Premium Member

5th Oct 12 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id choose to not watch a film on an iphone too.

Infact id never consider watching a movie on a phone previously, but the Galaxy S3's screen size makes it watchable for me and im sure many others, so its added that functionality for me, shame your iPhone doesnt
John

5th Oct 12 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thread was ruined when the people who don't have a clue waded in. No point trying to explain ppi or resolution, or anything for that matter.
Nic Barnes

5th Oct 12 at 11:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Infact id never consider watching a movie on a phone previously, but the Galaxy S3's screen size makes it watchable for me and im sure many others, so its added that functionality for me, shame your iPhone doesnt
you talk some rubbish pmsl
Whittie

5th Oct 12 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Bizarre chap.
Whittie

5th Oct 12 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Thread was ruined when the people who don't have a clue waded in. No point trying to explain ppi or resolution, or anything for that matter.

Only people who can and should comment on "which is better" etc, is someone who has had both phones they're comparing in their points.

I nearly bought an s3 yesterday, and get rid of iphone5, but just thought it was too big, no doubt you get used to it, but in a pocket it's too big imo, better in a handbag.
Balling
Premium Member

5th Oct 12 at 11:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Apple have missed the point that phones have basically become full on media centers, and believe it or not films and videos actually look better on bigger screens
You have missed the point where a lot of people are never in a situation where it would make sense to watch a film on your phone.

I can not think of a single situation I could ever end up in, where I would choose to watch a film on my phone.

However, some people do have this need, thus creating a need for phones with bigger screens.

Where the chain comes off is when people start to argue that a bigger screen is better or worse than a smaller screen.

Steve
Premium Member

5th Oct 12 at 11:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in that case a large screen, or amazing ppi etc doesnt matter then, those peopel may aswell buy a bottom of the range htc or an iphone 3gs or something
A2H GO

5th Oct 12 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve, post a screen shot of the CS homepage on your GS3, without zooming in, just purely how it comes up when you enter the URL....
Balling
Premium Member

5th Oct 12 at 11:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
in that case a large screen, or amazing ppi etc doesnt matter then, those peopel may aswell buy a bottom of the range htc or an iphone 3gs or something
In which case? Which people? What are you on about?

John

5th Oct 12 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://www.dropbox.com/s/893hlidcn3inojp/2012-10-05%2012.25.55.png

[Edited on 05-10-2012 by John]
Balling
Premium Member

5th Oct 12 at 11:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What's with the giant font on headers?

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll