corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPhone Thread - iPhone 5 - Who's got one....

New Poll
  <<  77    78    79    80    81    82    83  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPhone Thread - iPhone 5 - Who's got one....
LeeM

User status: Offline
5th Nov 12 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my current 4 is a year old and never had screen protectors on it, theres not a visible scratch on it.
Balling
Premium Member

5th Nov 12 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^ Same, except mine is 26 months old. Backside has a single harsh scratch, and that's it.

sc0ott

5th Nov 12 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen a good review on youtube about spigen screen protectors and they gave a positive comment about the screens quality.

Ive just got rid of my 4, and the back had a few light scratches and the sides had small marks because of apples bumper. Prefer to just have an invisible back and front protector than a case.
Bart

18th Nov 12 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apple has just been awarded a patent for the virtual page flip / turn;

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/11/16/tech/innovation/apple-page-turn-patent/

How on earth this got passed ill never know
John

18th Nov 12 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely there is massive prior art for this
Steve
Premium Member

19th Nov 12 at 07:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deffo paying off the patent registrars funny how in other countries most of this shit is thrown straight out

[Edited on 19-11-2012 by Steve]
Russ

19th Nov 12 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbf, apple got stung by a patent which is what started it all, can hardly blame them from not wanting it to happen again
mwg

19th Nov 12 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could put money on who would be the first 2 people to post after Bart's post
Steve
Premium Member

19th Nov 12 at 08:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

step to me
Hammer

19th Nov 12 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still waiting on mine

Used my wee brothers though and it is a better phone than the 4S. Felt like a jake going back to my poxy old iPhone after using it.
A2H GO

2nd Dec 12 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://gizmodo.com/5964965/new-apple-patent-outlines-the-wireless-charging-future-were-all-dreaming-of?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_twitter&utm_source=gizmodo_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow
John

2nd Dec 12 at 23:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

something never seen on a phone before.
LeeM

2nd Dec 12 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

useful wireless charging.
Rob_Quads

3rd Dec 12 at 09:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
something never seen on a phone before.

It isn't is it? What phone out there at the moment does this sort of wireless charging? i.e. does not need to be sitting on a charging pad?

Its exactly why Apple haven't just jumped on the first wireless bandwagon.

[Edited on 03-12-2012 by Rob_Quads]
John

3rd Dec 12 at 09:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course wirless charging will get further and further away from a charging pad, until it's part of the fabric of buildings, as I've said, possibly in this thread.

Can I patent the fact that stuff gets better in the future?

What a lot of tosh. They've not jumped on the wireless bandwagon for reasons other than it has to be sat on a pad, sat on a pad is still better than plugging a cable in.

[Edited on 03-12-2012 by John]
Nismo

3rd Dec 12 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As the comments on that page goes, its ridiculous that any companies can get a patent for something that isnt actually built and working to an extent.

I might file a patent for a time machine, draw up some fancy picture, then if anyone ever tries to make and sell one im gonna sue.
Rob_Quads

3rd Dec 12 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo
As the comments on that page goes, its ridiculous that any companies can get a patent for something that isnt actually built and working to an extent.

I might file a patent for a time machine, draw up some fancy picture, then if anyone ever tries to make and sell one im gonna sue.

How do you know its not built and working to an extent? Having read the patent (which i doubt many have) I can see this very much being made and existing at the moment but the transmitters / receivers are probably not been consumerised yet and thus they are not going to be putting out any pictures etc of it as that's not how they work.

John

3rd Dec 12 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Of course they exist at the moment, you can power a TV wirelessly in a lab.

You better be careful not to trip over when wearing those massive Apple blinkers.
Rob_Quads

3rd Dec 12 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Have you actually read what the parent is or have you just gone off the blog article/comments here? The patent is not just about wireless power its about all the protocols etc behind it, controlling what device charges when etc. This is all very patentable stuff.
John

3rd Dec 12 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not read the article and had a brief read of the patent.
Robbo

3rd Dec 12 at 14:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nismo

have to agree, allowing simply ideas to be patented risks stifliing creativity not to mention the competition implications. issue a holding patent, build a test version, prove it is marketable and beneficial to society within a givne timeframe then issue the patent proper
SXI - Matt

3rd Dec 12 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok my 4 is broke and I'm going to get a new contract are the 5 that much better then the 4S? Worth the extra for the handset?
Rob_Quads

3rd Dec 12 at 14:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
have to agree, allowing simply ideas to be patented risks stifliing creativity not to mention the competition implications. issue a holding patent, build a test version, prove it is marketable and beneficial to society within a given timeframe then issue the patent proper

Surely your system would limit patents to only those with huge finances to register patents. Joe Bloggs who came up with an awesome idea, design it end to end but not have the finances to prove it...then company X comes along, takes the idea produces it - registers it and then makes all the money from it.

You can't just register ideas as patents. You have to show how it would work using existing technologies or describe the new technology you are disclosing.
Dom

3rd Dec 12 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
quote:

Have you actually read what the parent is or have you just gone off the blog article/comments here? The patent is not just about wireless power its about all the protocols etc behind it, controlling what device charges when etc. This is all very patentable stuff.

The patent just states how NFMR could work and how Apple believe it might be implemented. There's certainly no technology, NFMR has been around for years anyway, or anything ground-breaking in the patent.
Whittie

3rd Dec 12 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How wireless are they talking?

<<  77    78    79    80    81    82    83  >>

New Poll