corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Galaxy S3 people

New Poll
  <<  26    27    28    29    30    31    32  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Galaxy S3 people
A2H GO

User status: Offline
12th Dec 12 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Android central S3 LTE review, verdict - best all round android phone you can buy.

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s3-lte-review

Yes, when it doesn't break
Blade_sri

12th Dec 12 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got s3

How do you update
jamied

13th Dec 12 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

great start, been waiting all week for nano sim to micro adapter finally got one last night and put sim in phone and it always says no sim. tried my brothers normal microsim and the same..
Clicked return on amazon and getting a new one tomorrow . So glad i didnt get off eBay like I very nearly did.

[Edited on 13-12-2012 by jamied]
A2H GO

13th Dec 12 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jamied
great start, been waiting all week for nano sim to micro adapter finally got one last night and put sim in phone and it always says no sim. tried my brothers normal microsim and the same..
Clicked return on amazon and getting a new one tomorrow . So glad i didnt get off eBay like I very nearly did.

[Edited on 13-12-2012 by jamied]

Me too since mine would no longer read sims after just a few weeks, would have been well pissed off. Well even more than I am having to wait 3 weeks even though I have got warranty
jamied

13th Dec 12 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3 weeks is crazy! they need to take a leaf out of apples book and just swap within 3 working days.
A2H GO

13th Dec 12 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does my head in that the phone I paid full price for is now just as good as a refurb through no fault of my own.
A2H GO

13th Dec 12 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice to see some of my biggest gripes since moving to android getting fixed, first gmail scaling emails properly, now the native Facebook app...tap to top next please?

It is a shame to see Android getting apps and updates far later than iOS though, even some of googles stuff is better/more up to date on ios.
Sam
Premium Member

15th Dec 12 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'Kin hell, I think I am going to keep my 'boring' yet reliable iPhone and not entertain the idea of getting a Samsung/Android based phone as my next upgrade, after reading some of your experiences!
John

15th Dec 12 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You won't get Samsung/Android because of firstly terrible service from Orange and secondly a fault in a phone that's being swapped straight away? Doesn't make much sense.
Sam
Premium Member

15th Dec 12 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was on about the reliability of the phone, I'm not with Orange so their customer service does not apply to me.

Even reading about the scratches on the iPhone 5 has put me off upgrading to that, whereas I've had no problems at all with my iPhone 4 which is nearly 2 years old and does what I need it to do without freezing/rebooting/displaying errors/whatever.
A2H GO

15th Dec 12 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
You won't get Samsung/Android because of firstly terrible service from Orange and secondly a fault in a phone that's being swapped straight away? Doesn't make much sense.

It's the support in general, I know from experience Samsung are no better. If I'd gone to them instead of Orange it would still have resulted in me being without a phone for a number of weeks.

Basically, buy an iPhone and you'll never be without a phone again, buy anything else and expect to be put out if it breaks. That said you are paying for that convenience when buying the iPhone.

Saw a girl on the train with a Note yesterday, jesus that things ridiculous, I don't know how she kept a straight face getting it out her bag.

Also, that 'whistle' message tone that everyone with an recent android seems to have proudly at full volume has become code for 'look at me and my fucking massive phone'.
John

15th Dec 12 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The nexus 4 is as smooth as the iPhone. Its got none of the bloat the other manufacturers use. As a pure iOS vs android comparison its definitely the best to judge on. And you'll know what I think wins obviously.
A2H GO

15th Dec 12 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure it's a great phone, but again support is a worry, whats the process if it breaks, for example the 'fragile' glass back?
John

15th Dec 12 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I broke the back I'd expect to pay for a repair. It does seem to be about as bad as the iPhone backs were though, a concern if you were worried about dropping it.
A2H GO

15th Dec 12 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats true, bad example. Wish they'd hurry up and get them in stock.
A2H GO

15th Dec 12 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got it back today, they've left a nice scratch on the silver bezel for me too
John

15th Dec 12 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think you deserve a new one now ash. Get complaining.
A2H GO

15th Dec 12 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I checked it in the shop before walking out hoping there would be something wrong, and it looked like it had been dropped, loads of black around the bezel at the bottom, kicked off, handed it to them and then realised it was glue from where they'd had a sticker or something on it and not bothered to wipe it off. The cleaned it gave it me back, I got home then noticed it

It's only small, like a 2mm nick thats gone though to the black plastic but I know it was perfect when I gave it to them. The complaints team called today to ask if I'd got it back yet, told them I was on my way to pick it up and they said they'd wait till I'd got it and give me a call back on Monday to make sure everything was OK, already told them everything won't be OK when they call
noshua

15th Dec 12 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't you contact Samsung direct?

Nexus 4 is available on Three now as well, £35 a month for 24 months with £29 upfront - basically unlimited everything - not bad considering the SIM only version of the contract is £25 a month, essentially paying £269 for the phone.

Pretty sure it'll be available on EE and similar networks on Monday too
Blade_sri

15th Dec 12 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's too big

I don't even think nothing is new on it from the s2
John

16th Dec 12 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.engadget.com/2012/12/16/security-exploit-opens-samsung-exynos-devices-to-attack/
A2H GO

17th Dec 12 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How to fix Samsung Exynos 4 root exploit vulnerability?

ExynosAbuse is the free Android application that can help to block and protect your Samsung Exynos 4 devices. This is only a work-around, not a permanent fix. We need an updated kernel from Samsung that fix this Samsung Exynos 4 root exploit vulnerable itself. But it is better than nothing. And to be safe, don’t simple install unknown Android applications or games apk. Something bad might happen if you do so. Be warned…

Download ExynosAbuse for Samsung Exynos 4 devices HERE

3CorsaMeal

17th Dec 12 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got Dizzy egg on my S3 lastnight, fecking cool it is, brings back memories.

I want to get the amiga out the loft now
Rich H

17th Dec 12 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Updated the firmware on my S3 the other night expecting it to bring me the new multi window and low light camera updates etc, but I don't seem to have that?! Few tiny subtle changes though.

Main problem though is it seems to have eaten about 60MB of available memory and the phone is noticeably slower
A2H GO

17th Dec 12 at 17:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think the multi windows and low light mode come with 4.1.2, is that what you installed?

Desperately needs low light mode camera is useless indoors.

<<  26    27    28    29    30    31    32  >>

New Poll