corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Just ordered

New Poll
  <<  25    26    27    28    29    30    31  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just ordered
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
19th Apr 13 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that's the servo freq
Steve
Premium Member

19th Apr 13 at 17:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

actually reduced the gains, on the roll axis anyway, the pitch was fine, much smoother now, it was over compensating on the angle for the roll
DaveyLC

21st Apr 13 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We've had gorgeous weather the last few days

You might like this Steve:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Dn0T5lFzg&feature=youtu.be
3CorsaMeal

23rd Apr 13 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it true you are only going to be able to fly these in the boundary of your own land or at special clubs. Something someone said to me. No idea of the source.

DaveyLC

25th Apr 13 at 08:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is no current regulation, but its in the pipe line
Gary
Premium Member

25th Apr 13 at 09:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit harsh really. Licencing them might be a better idea but that would cost money so i can see them just banning them.

Still adamant these things need to be raced.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Apr 13 at 09:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont see why there needs to be anything new, people have been flying rc controlled planes and stuff for years with cameras on them
Gary
Premium Member

25th Apr 13 at 09:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some MP has prob been caught cheating on his Mrs bu someone with one
DaveyLC

25th Apr 13 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
dont see why there needs to be anything new, people have been flying rc controlled planes and stuff for years with cameras on them

Its "THE TERRORISTS" <scary hand wave>

[Edited on 25-04-2013 by DaveyLC]
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

25th Apr 13 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't be bothered to read the whole thread so this may of been covered but.... How are these controlled?? Just by means of a normal radio transmitter? If so how can you see them if your flying these huge distances out or up? Or do you get a live feed off the camera to a screen on your transmitter or phone?
Steve
Premium Member

25th Apr 13 at 12:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rc controller, and you get a fpv feed if you are going long distance to watch out a camera on the drone either using goggles or a small lcd screen
DaveyLC

25th Apr 13 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by FlaFFy_91
I can't be bothered to read the whole thread so this may of been covered but.... How are these controlled?? Just by means of a normal radio transmitter? If so how can you see them if your flying these huge distances out or up? Or do you get a live feed off the camera to a screen on your transmitter or phone?

Video transmitter on model, RC transmitter and Video receiver on the ground

simples.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Apr 13 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought some tbs 30A escs so decided to rebuild the quad

Soldered them on and finished off the solders with the potting compound

Naza and receiver in etc

ezOSD current sensor, ImmersionRC fpv tx and wiring in place

Ready to roll, ezOSD mounted nicely underneath the top plate, you can just about make out the buttons

Fitted some new RC timer CF 10x5 props

Decided to lock the gimbal so it only levels on forwards backwards motion, i like the rolling effect in videos so this should mean the footage is more like a plane and means i can scrap some weight off the gimbal, eg the servo. I have also mounted the gimbal with 4 anti vibration bobbins, will be interesting to see if they have an effect

Finally underneath, 4x new team black sheep 30A escs with simonk firmware fitted too

Gary
Premium Member

26th Apr 13 at 06:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Escs?
Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 13 at 06:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speed controllers, they control the pulse signals to the motors
Gary
Premium Member

26th Apr 13 at 08:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 13 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After reading a guide on RC gruops I ordered a couple of those SAW filters to do the GPS filter mod, the benefits of this are to filter as much as the background RF noise as possible to get a cleaner quicker lock. Most GPS units have one of these but for some reason DJI skimped on this part which only costs a couple of quid.

The pieces are very small, as highlighted by this image of the filter next to a 5p

Cut the trace and scraped some of the green coating to expose and earth point

Soldered some wires to it, I used stranded wire for this rather than a piece of tinned core, because I wanted it to remain flexible and not pull the pads off the SAW filter

Soldered the one wire to the RF in on the correct leg of the chip

Rest of them soldered down and filter in place

Then simply added some small pieces of sticky foam to finish off

Testing, seems to work ok, but it was ok before so i dont really have much to go on having said that I can now get a lock indoors it seems. I live in the country so GPS signal shouldnt be an issue here but main reason for doing it was incase i did ever take it anywhere RF noisy.

[Edited on 26-04-2013 by Steve]
John

26th Apr 13 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any reason you didn't take an earth from elsewhere on the board?
Steve
Premium Member

26th Apr 13 at 21:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you mean as opposed to the earth pin on the chip? mainly because its the shortest path from the filters earth to keep the wires as short as possible, impedance is pretty important for this mod

[Edited on 26-04-2013 by Steve]
John

26th Apr 13 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From the chip or wherever but yes. Fair enough. Enameled wire might be handy for bits like that. There may also be some specific reason not to use it on quads though.
DaveyLC

27th Apr 13 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I just ask Steve why did you fit the SAW filter?

Your VTX is 5.8ghz so you don't have to worry about close frequency swamping or harmonics in relation to GPS?
Steve
Premium Member

27th Apr 13 at 09:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its not meant to be to filter that more general atmospheric noise which the majority is at the 1576.62 mhz range.

[Edited on 27-04-2013 by Steve]
DaveyLC

27th Apr 13 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't say I've ever had a problem getting a GPS fix with mine? Maybe the aliens aren't listening to my thoughts where I fly
Steve
Premium Member

27th Apr 13 at 09:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mines been ok too but there have been quite a few reports of it taking 3mins plus to get a fix, im guessing possibly in built up city areas or from other interference from cameras etc

Here is the thread if you fancy a read

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1863430

[Edited on 27-04-2013 by Steve]
DaveyLC

27th Apr 13 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like I said.. Mine works

Now if you're fails you will forever be thinking "Did I fuck something up when I tinkered?"..

If it ain't broke don't fuck it.

<<  25    26    27    28    29    30    31  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Just ordered 22 database queries in 0.1142988 seconds