corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Just ordered

New Poll
  <<  24    25    26    27    28    29    30  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Just ordered
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
15th Apr 13 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey Steve, look new toy!

ImmersionRC DUO5800 diversity receiver

quote:
Originally posted by Leighton
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22134898

Is he actually taking the piss here?
Google are the company that logged all open networks when doing streetview

I think he's got a lot of investment tied up in UAV dev. so regulation would be beneficial to him.
Gary
Premium Member

15th Apr 13 at 19:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What a prick,needs to stfu.
Steve
Premium Member

15th Apr 13 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv been eyeing up those receivers massive range but my only worry is they are a bit directional?

[Edited on 15-04-2013 by Steve]
3CorsaMeal

15th Apr 13 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can any of you find out if johnny 5 is actually alive still?
DaveyLC

16th Apr 13 at 06:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Iv been eyeing up those receivers massive range but my only worry is they are a bit directional?

[Edited on 15-04-2013 by Steve]

How is a receiver directional?? The antenna defines the gain and direction ..

The circular polarized antenna on my setup is Omni and the patch is VERY directional, the idea is you fly out in the path of the patch for long distance flights.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Apr 13 at 08:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely the rx antenna design goes someway towards how well the whole setup works in a directional sense. I mean even if you had a multi directional transmitter if you went the opposite way that receiver was pointing it wouldn't work to well, unless I have that wrong

[Edited on 16-04-2013 by Steve]
DaveyLC

16th Apr 13 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Again: There is no such thing as a Directional Transmitter or Reciever Steve.. The Gain and direction is determined by the ANTENNA.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Apr 13 at 08:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know I assumed you'd realise I was referring to equipment with those antennas. You're just being pedantic lol

Steve
Premium Member

16th Apr 13 at 08:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Surely the rx antenna design goes someway towards how well the whole setup works in a directional sense. I mean even if you had a transmitter with multi directional antenna, if you went the opposite way that receiver was pointing it wouldn't work to well, unless I have that wrong

Iv added a few words to make it easier to understand, just wondering if I'm right or wrong really
DaveyLC

16th Apr 13 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You said you didn't want to buy that receiver because (and I quote) "Its a bit directional"..

The receiver is only as directional as the antennas you decide to fit.

As you can use I've use an Omni (circular polarized) and a patch (circular polarized) the idea is the patch IS very directional but it has massive gain (you only get gain by sacrificing the antennas Omni-direction ability.
DaveyLC

16th Apr 13 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Surely the rx antenna design goes someway towards how well the whole setup works in a directional sense. I mean even if you had a transmitter with multi directional antenna, if you went the opposite way that receiver was pointing it wouldn't work to well, unless I have that wrong

Iv added a few words to make it easier to understand, just wondering if I'm right or wrong really

I think you also misunderstand what a diverse receiver is too

The point is you have TWO antennas and the receiver will use the one with the best signal, so when you fly behind the patch it switches (instantly) to the alternative antenna.

In an ideal world you'd use an antenna tracker and a diverse receiver to cover all bases.

[Edited on 16-04-2013 by DaveyLC]
Steve
Premium Member

16th Apr 13 at 08:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed should go miles, How far you planning to fly anyway?
DaveyLC

16th Apr 13 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I only plan to fly 3km (that's 6km with your maths )... But I want a solid link.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Apr 13 at 08:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool will be interesting to see
DaveyLC

16th Apr 13 at 08:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theoretical range is much higher and there youtube vids of solid links at 8km + @600mW on the ImmersionRC NexWave stuff.
Nath

16th Apr 13 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
I only plan to fly 3km (that's 6km with your maths )... But I want a solid link.

Steve
Premium Member

16th Apr 13 at 15:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Small updates, this is a result of me browsing firstpersonview.co.uk last night and noticing they stocked a cable that I had seen in my OSD kit but never used it, didn't know what it was for, turns out you can cut open the heatshrink on the ezOSD unit and relocated the gps module in it using this cable. This solved my long standing problem of never really being happy about where I located the ezosd unit, it was a bit large and clunky to be on the top plate but had to be there for the GPS to see the sky. Now I could separate and relocate.

Heres the cable that I already had

After id cut open the heatshrink and separated the GPS module

Heatshrunk it back up

So I relocated the main unit underneath the center at the back, was pretty much a perfect fit under it

And put the GPS bit at the opposite side of the quad to the Naza GPS

My servos also turned up for my gimbal, hopefully the rest of the kit will be here soon

DaveyLC

16th Apr 13 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get building your Gimbal loom
Steve
Premium Member

18th Apr 13 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Built this gimbal up, how the kit came, looked like fun

Built up, took about an hour

On the Quad plugged into F1 and F2 on the Naza and setup

Tested it in my hands and seems to work good, looking forward to trying it in flight tomorrow. Whole lot including cam only weighs about 150grams. Total weight of Drone is 1150gr
DaveyLC

19th Apr 13 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now begin spending the rest of your life trying to sort out the vibes
Steve
Premium Member

19th Apr 13 at 15:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres my first test, works good, ground runs look nice as you can go at pace without the camera looking at the ground.

The video is nice and smooth with a few vibrations, im probably going to get some of those shock absorbers to iron out those

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw2MNJx6CR4&hd=1
DaveyLC

19th Apr 13 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty good on the vibe front, but the gimbal doesn't appear to be doing its job? the footage is very choppy?
Steve
Premium Member

19th Apr 13 at 16:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

probs need to up the gains or the refresh rate on the naza settings to make it more sensitive
DaveyLC

19th Apr 13 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Refresh rate? Uh?
Steve
Premium Member

19th Apr 13 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can change the refresh rate of the servos 50hz, 100hz, 200hz and 400hz

<<  24    25    26    27    28    29    30  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Just ordered 22 database queries in 0.1292200 seconds