corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door

New Poll
  <<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Rio Verde More Door
Paul W
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Jun 11 at 10:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers everyone. Cheers jambo, you going pvs?

Rio Verde Bagged More Door Project
Jambo

7th Jun 11 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yesh i am indeed
Paul W
Premium Member

7th Jun 11 at 16:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well you can come and have a look at it in person then . Was gonna be my lil surprise for PVS, it's basically half colour coded cream to match my leather seats and half standard black, where it's been painted it's been smoothed so no texture. Inspired by a BMW dash. Kinda hard to explain, but something a bit different anyway.

Jambo

7th Jun 11 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds fantastic mate. Will look out for t
Paul W
Premium Member

10th Jun 11 at 17:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PVS prep - Polished lips on wheels. Polished exhaust tip. Clean interior. Can't be bothered to clay/polish/wax the outside cos in the back of my mind i know it's just not worth it. See you all tomorrow/sunday

[Edited on 10-06-2011 by Paul W]

Paul W
Premium Member

13th Jun 11 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So, PVS done and dusted. Gonna concentrate on sorting out insurance issues now and keep on scouring the web for a nice clean shell.

If anyone has any pics of it at PVS please do post them or u2u me them so i can post them up. Cheers

DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

13th Jun 11 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope you find a good shell mate,really sorry for what happened and really gutted for you.

Top marks for still bringing it to PVS and really nice meeting you.

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Kieran
Premium Member

13th Jun 11 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw this a pvs and even tho it has a dent on one side. It's still a epic car, hope you find a just as mint shell bud!
Jambo

13th Jun 11 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt get to go to PVS dude, post pics opf the dash
Paul W
Premium Member

13th Jun 11 at 21:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers dan, was good meeting you finally too car looked cleeeaaan haha.

Cheers kizza, was in awe at yours, so mint!

And for you Jambo, and anyone else interested, some pics of the dash from when i first got it in

Had some really good comments about it at pvs and still really chuffed with how it's come out, it is by far one of my favourite things i've done to the car

Mark.W

13th Jun 11 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen it at pvs mate.

Fair play for still bringing it
joeseth17

13th Jun 11 at 21:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate i loved that u broght this to pv. i hope some one from tv spotted it and does a little write up on it.
Paul W
Premium Member

13th Jun 11 at 22:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Figured it had to be done Mark haha

Cheers Joe that would actually make my year if it did happen, would be a good finish to this one before i 'put a new reg on it' in the words of Willay haha. Love yours too, had a good look round it

Paul W
Premium Member

21st Jun 11 at 15:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So i've just had a call from the insurance. £500 they offered me. What the fuck. bearing in mind i need a new tyre and need to get my wheel refurbed which'll probably be £100 at least. I'm not being funny in thinking that's a stupid offer and wanting a fair bit more than that am i?

I've also found out that apparently the woman that went into me has a history of smashing into peoples cars due to carelessness. Why the fuck she's got a job as a delivery driver i do not fucking know. In the words of Steve - 'Im going mad here'

AlexW

21st Jun 11 at 16:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Told you, Demand for a higher payout whatever they offer.

She has a job as a delivery driver for the same reason she can still get insured and is on the road.
Paul W
Premium Member

21st Jun 11 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, i plan to, not being funny but i don't want to be out of pocket because of this. Want enough to get a new one and get a new tyre for my wheel at least.

True true, you would have thought the company wouldn't hire someone as high risk though.

LukesCorsaSXi

22nd Jun 11 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I really do hope you find a mint shell mate.
Looked lovely at PVS, props to you for bringing it.

[Edited on 22-06-2011 by LukesCorsaSXi]
Bonney

22nd Jun 11 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There was one at a garage up here, 4 door in the same colour
Paul W
Premium Member

22nd Jun 11 at 17:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Luke i really hope i do, not ready to give up on this yet.

Do they have a website Bonney?

So i've been given a final offer of £600, despite me trying to explain to them that that will leave me out of pocket. In the end i had to take it. Looking around for new ones seems like it's going to be tedious, lots of nice clean poverty spec models and auto gls's but no decent manual gls's. Got me wondering if it's possible to transfer looms over?

Ian
Site Administrator

22nd Jun 11 at 17:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I assume you opted to keep the salvage?
Paul W
Premium Member

22nd Jun 11 at 17:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, keeping the car as salvage so i can take everything off

Paul W
Premium Member

26th Jun 11 at 20:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started stripping the car today . Need to get a new black passenger side boot panel trim because the impact has broken one of the mounting points on my current one, couldn't move the rear seats forward because of it so had to take them out.

Plans are to store all my current parts and get them sprayed up how i want ready for when i find a nice mint shell. Basically going to collect all the parts i need ready so i can change the whole interior in one go, and whole exterior in one go. Going to be replacing a few things here and there which im not happy with and trying to tidy a few things up as i go with the new one.

Hopefully, money allowing, i'll be able to pretty much rebuild the new shell to exactly how i want it. Will be undersealing it all and painting rear beam/suspension components and exhaust heat shields etc, might even do polybushes while i'm at it. Pretty much getting the underside as mint as possible whilst protecting it too. Will be using almost all of the interior from this one in the new one, just need a black carpet, which i've hopefully got sourced from redtom. Also would like to source a veccy gsi steering wheel. Hopefully will be painting all the a/b/c pillars the same colour as the dash and re-trimming the headlining and doing something with the boot which will tie in with something else i have planned involving a compressor lol. Guess away at what that might be lol.

That's pretty much it for now. Going to continue stripping the car as and when i can. Maybe purchase a little run around so i'm still mobile until i find a mint new shell

shaunmods
Premium Member

26th Jun 11 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must be heart breaking to strip it Paul Sounds like you've got some great plans for its replacement though!
AlexW

26th Jun 11 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shame to break it, but best thing to do. Good luck with it.

Facelift Vec GSi wheels are mental money imo, £80 or so for a steering wheel!
Paul W
Premium Member

26th Jun 11 at 23:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is sad to see it like that, but like Alex says, best thing really. Looks like too much hassle to repair it. Hopefully i'll be able to pull my plans off Shaun haha. The veccy gsi steering wheels do go for a lot, but you never know, a nice cheapish one might come up

<<  21    22    23    24    25    26    27  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Rio Verde More Door 24 database queries in 0.0217569 seconds