corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread

New Poll
  <<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread
whitter45

User status: Offline
13th Apr 15 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
Hamilton does appear to have the team backing which also helps massively

not saying Nico is not supported but outside looking in Lewis is clearly the number one driver - and so he should be as his results earn that

Not sure i agree that hes getting treated favourably. Merc constantly bang on about the most important thing being a 1-2, driver order doesnt matter, which is fair enough from their perspective.

Are you suggesting if Nico is leading one race, with Lewis pushing behind him in 2nd they would ask him to move over so their number 1 driver could win?

No I meant behind the scenes he probably is getting more backing hence feels better placed in the team etc

You only need to see how niki responds to him. Not saying it's wrong just how it is and he has developed the team around him just like I said he would when he moved to merc and most people said it was a mistake

JonnyJ

13th Apr 15 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Hamilton does appear to have the team backing which also helps massively

not saying Nico is not supported but outside looking in Lewis is clearly the number one driver - and so he should be as his results earn that

Not sure i agree that hes getting treated favourably. Merc constantly bang on about the most important thing being a 1-2, driver order doesnt matter, which is fair enough from their perspective.

Are you suggesting if Nico is leading one race, with Lewis pushing behind him in 2nd they would ask him to move over so their number 1 driver could win?

No I meant behind the scenes he probably is getting more backing hence feels better placed in the team etc

You only need to see how niki responds to him. Not saying it's wrong just how it is and he has developed the team around him just like I said he would when he moved to merc and most people said it was a mistake

Ok fair enough, i see what you mean

I think with Niki, hes always going to be slightly biased towards Lewis given he brought him to Merc, i think he also likes Lewis' attitude towards racing, sees a bit of himself in there. Merc would be stupid not to build the team around Lewis, as you said, hes delivering consistently and proving what a valuable asset he is. I can see Nico becoming a defacto number 2 if Ferrari start to get even closer, which would probably be wise on their part but im not sure Lewis himself would like it too much, hes always said he just wants a fair fight. Mind, if theres a threat from say, Vettel, he'd probably enjoy that fight enough to not give a shit if Nico is just being used as rear gunner.
JonnyJ

13th Apr 15 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
Tickets confirmed for Spa Right on Eau Rouge.

My mates went there last year, im sure you'll enjoy it
JonnyJ

13th Apr 15 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Nice one nibnob. My mate was saying he can go to Spa and it'll be cheaper than going to Silverstone. Crazy!

Think a ticket for Silverstone is around £275 or something for the weekend.

I've paid £90 for the weekend ticket at Barcelona, flights were £110, and accom for 5 days in the city centre another £150.

So £75 more and i get 5 days in Barcelona to boot ridiculous really
JonnyJ

14th Apr 15 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If this doesnt get Nico up for a fight, nothing will

quote:
"Nico didn't try," said Hamilton. "They said maybe he was just comfortable second, and I said 'Well, that's the difference between us. I want to win always'.

"I would have done everything to get past, or at least pushed for three laps if I could."

"If you take a step back, this is motor racing man. Racing. Don't take away the fun of the racing. It's racing," continued an unimpressed Hamilton.

"If I was in second or third, I would have done everything. I wouldn't have sat back two seconds to make it to the end of the stint.

"Of course you want to get to the end of the stint, but if I thought I had more pace, I would have tried to have got past, because that's the best part."

"He wasn't quick enough," Hamilton told The Guardian. "This is F1. I grew up watching the sport. You want to see overtaking. You want to see a battle. And now I’m in the sport you don’t want it to be too controlled. You don’t want to back off to save the tyre.

"I want the guy to be up my ass if he’s got the pace, up my ass and putting pressure on me. And if I can’t defend it, you lose it. Like in Bahrain, I wasn’t quick enough and I did everything I could to stay ahead. And that was the greatest race ever."

I love Lewis
Ben G

14th Apr 15 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never a truer word spoken. He would've absolutely killed his tyres to get past if Nico was ahead.

That's the difference. Nico calculates, Lewis races.
Ben G

14th Apr 15 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ben G

17th Apr 15 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Boring Bahrain you say? Everyone forgot that last season.

Just catching up on practice. Button out after 1 lap after spinning on the first corner definitely a car issue as he was doing about 10mph at the time.
Rob_Quads

17th Apr 15 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

eric boullier said it was an electrical issue and that they knew exactly what the problem was.
Ben G

18th Apr 15 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4 poles in a row

Rosberg piss off and die you ugly cunt.
Kyle T
Premium Member

18th Apr 15 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stuff. Seb splitting the mercs is just what Hamilton wants to see to help his negotiations

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

18th Apr 15 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed.

Rosberg looked so gutted after that. Poor guy, I feel a tiny bit sorry for him, getting shown up proper.
Rob_Quads

19th Apr 15 at 07:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure - I think Hamilton would have preferred Nico to just get 2nd place as it would give him some protection from Vettel in the race. I think the ferrari will be a bit of a challenge in the rage. The main danger being an undercut which if they stay close enough to hamilton will be possible, if Nico was also there he may jump but doubt he would jump both.

We will wait and see. I can see it being a tough race between Hamiton and Vettel. The start and first couple laps is going to be key until DRS is enabled
Ben G

19th Apr 15 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's what I want to see though. I want to see Lewis being put under pressure. I don't want to see some whiny twat behind him complaining he's driving too slowly.
JonnyJ

19th Apr 15 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"anyone could win in that merc"

ORLY. Seb splitting the Mercs, again, shows why you employ a world class driver like Lewis. Fantastic lap.

Going to be a cracker of a race but won't get to enjoy it until tomorrow
Russ

19th Apr 15 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol surely that just shows that vettel is the world class driver
Steve
Premium Member

19th Apr 15 at 11:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would be interesting to see lewis v vettel in the mercs
Ben G

19th Apr 15 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ

No one doubted he is. The problem is, he struggles when the car isn't great, unlike Ricciardo last season.

It's good to see this either way. I didn't want Lewis or Rosberg getting comfortable and Mercedes turning the engines down. I want a full on race like Bahrain one year ago.
JonnyJ

19th Apr 15 at 13:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ

Maybe if he'd split the Mercs who were extremely close together, not nearly 6 tenths. Nico underperformed massively, that's obvious from the time Lewis set. Looking at Vettel that was about right for the car, looking at the gap to Kimi who isn't a great qualifier.
Ben G

19th Apr 15 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No one appears to have mentioned Kimi tbh. At last he's got a decent position on the grid, away from all the crash happy morons.
Ben G

19th Apr 15 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Button out before it even starts
Ben G

19th Apr 15 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Martin Brundle taking no prisoners on the grid walk. Absolutely love his ''don't give a fuck, i'm coming through" attitude

He just interviewed the crown prince of Bahrain who seemed a very pleasent chap. Lord March, Former King of Spain and Bernie also
Ben G

19th Apr 15 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lewis has been royally mugged off there. Mercedes favour Lewis? Fuck right off, he's just lost a 5.6 second lead because Rosberg couldn't leave Vettel before the first round of stops.
Tiger

19th Apr 15 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are the teams allowed to advise the drivers how to drive again this season? So much advice on technique being given to drivers by teams at Bahrain.
Ben G

19th Apr 15 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vettel

Kimi

Lewis

Nico

<<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0189099 seconds