corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread

New Poll
  <<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread
Dave

User status: Offline
12th Apr 15 at 11:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Full on dummy spit from nice guy Nico in the press conference by the sounds of it.
Ben G

12th Apr 15 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just heard Ted kravitz quoting nico. Jesus christ, what a sore loser. He must have read the ultimate guide to racing driver excuses, before the race.
Dave

12th Apr 15 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12040/9802025/watch-hamilton-v-rosberg-in-the-chinese-gp-press-conference?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Kyle T
Premium Member

12th Apr 15 at 15:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's gone a bit weird hasn't he

He had a solid qualifying edge over Lewis in 2014, he really needs to get that back at least, and quickly. He may scrape a few race wins like that.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

12th Apr 15 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It just seems to me that Lewis has matured and grown into a level headed guy who can manage tyres, yet produce a spectacular lap (or more) when it matters.

The old Lewis at Mclaren used to kill his tyres, whereas Button was ''the tyre whisperer''.

It has to be something to do with the turbo'd motors now. The old cars were just point and accelerate. These are very tail happy which I don't think Nico enjoys as much, whereas Lewis seems to understand how to drive them.

[Edited on 12-04-2015 by Ben G]
JonnyJ

12th Apr 15 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll post more about the race tomorrow on my day off but I just want to leave this here. In tears

[Edited on 12-04-2015 by JonnyJ]
Aaron

12th Apr 15 at 17:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
I'll post more about the race tomorrow on my day off but I just want to leave this here. In tears
[Edited on 12-04-2015 by JonnyJ]

Phew, good to know. I honestly don't know how we'd all sleep without knowledge of your pending input of the race and eventual outcome.
Ben G

12th Apr 15 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I loved that bit too, Jonny. He's making Nico looks very very average at the moment. Will do his contract negotiation wonders.
Rob_Quads

13th Apr 15 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fairly boring race.

Nico should stop winging. As someone said. If you want to dictate whats going on then get out in front.

It was interesting to hear on the radio from Vettel about whether he could give it any more and he said there wasn't much more and then when Lewis was unleashed he pulled a good 1.5s off the time he was doing. Showed again that there is still some gap between them if they need to push it.
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th Apr 15 at 08:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
It was interesting to hear on the radio from Vettel about whether he could give it any more and he said there wasn't much more and then when Lewis was unleashed he pulled a good 1.5s off the time he was doing. Showed again that there is still some gap between them if they need to push it.

Nicos drama has overshadowed that point a fair bit, and is still probably an undervalued attribute of Lewis.

The 2010 Lewis would have finished that race 35seconds in front of P2 if there had been no safety car, but the 2015 Lewis is just doing as little as it takes. He's going to take some beating this year.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
whitter45

13th Apr 15 at 08:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads

Nicos drama has overshadowed that point a fair bit, and is still probably an undervalued attribute of Lewis.

The 2010 Lewis would have finished that race 35seconds in front of P2 if there had been no safety car, but the 2015 Lewis is just doing as little as it takes. He's going to take some beating this year.

have to agree
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th Apr 15 at 09:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
whitter45

13th Apr 15 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton does appear to have the team backing which also helps massively

not saying Nico is not supported but outside looking in Lewis is clearly the number one driver - and so he should be as his results earn that
JonnyJ

13th Apr 15 at 12:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had to do it

Race was actually pretty unspectacular, Merc were forced to play it very conservatively after KL but Lewis was absolutely flawless all weekend, one of the best I've seen from him. Totally agree with what Kyle said about Lewis a few years back would've ragged it and attempted to win by the biggest possible margin but now its all about doing all you need to do. In many ways this is one of the best ways to beat your rivals, defeated knowing the guy who beat you had loads in hand. Hes looking pretty unbeatable right now, especially if Merc keep on their toes.

The best bit of the whole weekend was post race with Nico having a bit of a meltdown. Hes out of ideas and looks a beaten man. At least hes stopped his "nice guy" approach. Have to say its a bit sad to see him like this, its almost as if hes saying to himself if hes not in the lead come the first corner he may as well just accept 2nd and hope Lewis drops out. Never before have i heard a message to the team asking for his main rival to speed up He needs to sort his head out because hes getting no where near a WDC with his current mindset. So much for "Cerebral, mentally strong, professor" Nico
JonnyJ

13th Apr 15 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
Hamilton does appear to have the team backing which also helps massively

not saying Nico is not supported but outside looking in Lewis is clearly the number one driver - and so he should be as his results earn that

Not sure i agree that hes getting treated favourably. Merc constantly bang on about the most important thing being a 1-2, driver order doesnt matter, which is fair enough from their perspective.

Are you suggesting if Nico is leading one race, with Lewis pushing behind him in 2nd they would ask him to move over so their number 1 driver could win?
Ben G

13th Apr 15 at 13:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was kind of hoping for a mini Bahrain battle again, but Nico didn't even seem to want to try to get close.
Rob_Quads

13th Apr 15 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think thats one of the differences. If the tables were turned I am sure Hamilton would have given it a go and tried to at least get within DRS range which Rosberg never did. He moaned about his tyres getting damaged in the dirty air but after the first couple laps he was 1.5/2s behind. It was obvious the car could do a lot more if needed so why didn't he give it a go (or maybe he genuinely couldn't get that much more out of it)
nibnob21
Premium Member

13th Apr 15 at 15:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tickets confirmed for Spa Right on Eau Rouge.

MX5 Project Thread
Ben G

13th Apr 15 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one nibnob. My mate was saying he can go to Spa and it'll be cheaper than going to Silverstone. Crazy!

His sister works as a promo girl for Mercedes. I've already asked for pics and got told to fuck off
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th Apr 15 at 16:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're doing a pretty good job of covering the calendar so far

Jonny off to Spain, I'm at Hungary and Nibnob at Belgium. Anyone else?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

13th Apr 15 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll be watching it in Essex, infront of my telly, if that count's

[Edited on 13-04-2015 by Ben G]
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th Apr 15 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It doesn't, come to Hungary

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

13th Apr 15 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't. Under the thumb
Mad Moe

13th Apr 15 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hoping to be in Singapore come September, was at Humgarian GP in 2013 for Hamiltons win and it was one of the best experiences of my life!
nibnob21
Premium Member

13th Apr 15 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Nice one nibnob. My mate was saying he can go to Spa and it'll be cheaper than going to Silverstone. Crazy!

His sister works as a promo girl for Mercedes. I've already asked for pics and got told to fuck off

You can get a full race weekend general admission ticket for under £100 at Spa! Bargain.

Me and my mate have paid about £300 for our tickets (Gold 4c), so still not too bad for the full weekend. We're driving over in his S2000 and his partner currently lives in Brussels so we're staying with her the Thursday and Sunday night and camping in between. Full thing minus spending money should only be about £450 each.

Honestly can't wait, never been to a GP before.

MX5 Project Thread

<<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0186820 seconds