corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread

New Poll
  <<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread
Aaron

User status: Offline
29th Mar 15 at 07:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd like to see Seb win this tbh, which i never thought i's say
whitter45

29th Mar 15 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like he will

Plenty of dummies for Lewis I feel

Also beaten fair and square so far
whitter45

29th Mar 15 at 08:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't talk to me through the corners I nearly came off

Sure it's ok when he is winning for them to talk to him

[Edited on 29-03-2015 by whitter45]
Aaron

29th Mar 15 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was about to post exactly the same
whitter45

29th Mar 15 at 08:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"Blue flag blue flag...." Vettel sounds so calm
Aaron

29th Mar 15 at 08:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wonder if Red Bull's brake issue is another fault of the engine?
whitter45

29th Mar 15 at 08:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Superb race and win for ferrari and Seb

Merc beaten on pace and also strategy
Cavey

29th Mar 15 at 08:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But I was told last week that the season was over, Mercedes had won everything already and complete changes were needed?
Kyle T
Premium Member

29th Mar 15 at 09:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gotta admit I cracked a smile when Seb climbed out of the car, something about seeing Ferrari winning as a works team just feels better than RBR winning. A full on Merc / Ferrari battle for the next few years would be epic.

quote:
Originally posted by whitter45
Superb race and win for ferrari and Seb

Merc beaten on pace and also strategy

Not sure Ferrari had beaten Merc on pace really, at least not significantly.

They won the race during the safety car, and Mercedes lost the race on Saturday. Merc thought the hard tyre would be significantly better, it wasn't.

Strategy though is part of F1, so it's a fair and square win - just think we can expect business as usual on cooler tracks... but let's see

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
whitter45

29th Mar 15 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really Lewis couldn't pull out a second before safety car

And when both in clear air they were equally as quick
JonnyJ

29th Mar 15 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Merc bollocksed it up BUT it would've been very close regardless. Great to see Ferrari up there again, F1 needed that.

Merc made 2 mistakes. 1, using the option up in Q1 and then after the 1st stop, driving to the tyre, not the car. They lost so much time to Seb in that stint and had to bail out of a 2 stop. Ferrari had a strategy, stuck to it and made it work, Seb executed it beautifully.

When tyres are marginal, it will be close, but Merc still hold a decent advantage and they should win on a mistake free weekend, but it will be closer and thats ace.

Good race!
Russ

29th Mar 15 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

didnt watch but glad the best driver won
djgritt
Premium Member

29th Mar 15 at 09:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hopefully Horner will stop being such a sore losing whiny fuck after having both cars lapped by the Ferrari, and finishing behind both Toro Rossos...
JonnyJ

29th Mar 15 at 09:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

He said it last season when he was winning. I remember him doing it in Spain and Bahrain. If you're going to beat Lewis at least get your facts right, just shows you up as a hater otherwise and your criticism looks weak.
JonnyJ

29th Mar 15 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
Hopefully Horner will stop being such a sore losing whiny fuck after having both cars lapped by the Ferrari, and finishing behind both Toro Rossos...

indeed. Oh how I'd love to see TR consistently beating RB, that would be hilarious.
whitter45

29th Mar 15 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:

He said it last season when he was winning. I remember him doing it in Spain and Bahrain. If you're going to beat Lewis at least get your facts right, just shows you up as a hater otherwise and your criticism looks weak.

I don't hate Hamilton he is a very good driver but let's himself down and really shows another side to him when he is being beat I feel

Nico is becoming the same
Its interesting to see how merc cope when having serious challengers although I suspect on other tracks they still gave a real advantage

The way the mercs are able to pick through the field also suggests Bernies attempt at making pole start reverse order is a bit weak as within a couple of laps the mercs would be in top 3 anyway
JonnyJ

29th Mar 15 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't see how not wanting to be distracted when you're on the limit through 100mph corners is "showing another side of him"

He honestly can't say anything in a negative tone without criticism, note, no bad comments towards kimi after his depressed sounding interview... Quelle surprise!
Ben G

29th Mar 15 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Love all the race car drivers in here pretending they'd be very calm doing silly speeds around a track. Get real, you'd be shitting your pants and have a 190bpm heart rate.

Mercedes fucked up. Easy as that. Lewis was plenty fast on the medium tyre and they put him on the wrong tyre at the end, down to their tyre strategy mistake in qualifying.

At least Lewis tried to catch Vettel. Rosberg pretty much admitted defeat half way through the race!
Kyle T
Premium Member

29th Mar 15 at 13:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's amazing, the entire grid are guilty of radio dummy spitting, petulance, sulking, whatever you want to call it. Seb had some corkers last year, Kimi seems to be revered for his sulks and Alonso is hardly Mr cool on the radio.

It's nothing to do with winning or losing either, Lewis has been heard to complain about mid corner comms MANY times before, it's more likely the stage of the race - knowing he needed to push for the stint raises adrenaline etc compared to managing the gap at the front.

If he was leading but needed to push out deltas to beat an undercut or whatever he'd probably have the same response.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

29th Mar 15 at 13:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find Nico's repeated requests for driving advice in all sessions more entertaining (and telling), and for such a cerebral bloke he seemed to struggle keeping track of the race today? Perhaps another language is needed.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Marc

29th Mar 15 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Certain people on here need to get one of these with Hamilton -

http://www.simplycleanhome.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/blog-post-10-image.jpg

At least Button is performing to the same level as his team mate. Clearly not working out for McClaren at the moment.
Ben G

29th Mar 15 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some people on here need to Google 'Mclaren' to understand how to spell their name.

They are not a pushchair manufacturer, nor are they a failed England manager. They're a vehicle manufacturer, called Mclaren.

[Edited on 29-03-2015 by Ben G]
Marc

29th Mar 15 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How very dare you.

Jambo

29th Mar 15 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stirling effort from Kimi today. Twatted twice, puncture and last place to fourth. Not bad at all. Shame he couldn't have just raced properly and got podium, been so long!

Sebs reaction was epic, he was a happy guy. Never understood the hate with him, seems like such a nice chap.
Dave

29th Mar 15 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Some people on here need to Google 'Mclaren' to understand how to spell their name.

They are not a pushchair manufacturer, nor are they a failed England manager. They're a vehicle manufacturer, called Mclaren.

[Edited on 29-03-2015 by Ben G]

You're not wrong Ben.

It's McLaren btw.

<<  13    14    15    16    17    18    19  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0181811 seconds