corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread

New Poll
  <<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread
Aaron

User status: Offline
10th May 15 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron
quote:
3rd best after Rosberg and the ghost of Senna?

You said Lewis was 3rd best this weekend. He came 2nd.

Yeah fairs enough to be honest. He was looking like 3rd place until Ferrari cocked up their strategy to put Seb in the traffic. Lucky for Lewis really
Ben G

10th May 15 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ferrari should've pitted Vettel after Lewis went in. Seems odd that they didn't really.

Knew Lewis wasn't gonna win every race this season, so the main thing is he finishes well.
whitter45

10th May 15 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree Ben but he was miles away from rosberg this weekend

Seems the windy conditions an uncertainty of grip played in rosbergs hands

Even if Hamilton had kept 2nd at the start I don't think he had the pace to best rosberg this weekend

Certainly keeps it interesting between the 2
Ben G

10th May 15 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah he just didn't appear to be on it this weekend. I did notice he was here, there and everywhere over the break. Probably jet lagged with the amount of air miles he's racked up
Jambo

10th May 15 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Probably those fucking daft sunglasses tbh.
Ben G

10th May 15 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he's just expressing his own style. Shouldn't judge people.
Kyle T
Premium Member

11th May 15 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Watched the race quite late, enjoyed it tbh. Glad they switched Lewis to a 3 stopper, this is what the whole tyre farce should be about. Engineer races to have the 3 stop always be quicker, but with the penalty of having to deal with traffic and potential pit stop issues.

Rosberg was always out of reach due to the bad start, but had Lewis been able to clear Seb on track (or not lose the place at the start), the 3stopper would have won the race.*

*which is why Merc would not have used it.

I think it's thoroughly enjoyable watching somebody flying through traffic on faster tyres to try and catch a leader who is nursing tyres. Makes for really good racing IMO.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

11th May 15 at 09:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have we heard from Jonny yet? He was at Barca aye?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
nibnob21
Premium Member

11th May 15 at 18:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/32689250

MX5 Project Thread
Jambo

11th May 15 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They say that's rare because drivers actively try and avoid it for obvious reasons, considering where they are sat and potential dexterity it's no wonder it doesn't happen more often tbh.
Aaron

11th May 15 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Red Bull moaning for 84th time that they're going to quit F1 if they don't get their own way.

Seriously...who'd miss them?

Rob_Quads

12th May 15 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem for Redbull is they are there for one reason - Advertising. Thats what Redbull is all about so as soon as they don't get a mention (which they aren't this year) they are not interested.

I do think its getting rather boring about them moaning. If they left would they miss them. I think there is already 1 more team lined up for 2016 so at most it would mean being 1 team down and I am sure there were other teams looking to join as well so it would not be a huge problem.
Kyle T
Premium Member

12th May 15 at 08:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remember they're bankrolling Torro Rosso too, so that would potentially be 4 cars down.

I'm sure somebody would snap up that infrastructure, but it's not a given.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

12th May 15 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
They say that's rare because drivers actively try and avoid it for obvious reasons, considering where they are sat and potential dexterity it's no wonder it doesn't happen more often tbh.

Yep, always wondered how this doesn't happen. Just goes to show it does.

Easy to see how as the airflow is purposely directed towards the rear of the car. They'll havw to keep them in the cockpit from now on
Ben G

12th May 15 at 12:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
The problem for Redbull is they are there for one reason - Advertising. Thats what Redbull is all about so as soon as they don't get a mention (which they aren't this year) they are not interested.

I do think its getting rather boring about them moaning. If they left would they miss them. I think there is already 1 more team lined up for 2016 so at most it would mean being 1 team down and I am sure there were other teams looking to join as well so it would not be a huge problem.

They were moaning they weren't getting much TV coverage when Vettel was always winning as he was always so far ahead with no chance of anyone overtaking him.
JonnyJ

12th May 15 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
Have we heard from Jonny yet? He was at Barca aye?

Just got back. Had my phone robbed in a nightclub on saturday night by some spanish cunt so i dont have any pictures to post or anything I'll grab some from my mates FB later

Amazing weekend, absolutely gutted i didnt get to see a Lewis win but i could tell he was struggling all weekend. Went to the pit walk on Thursday which was quite cool, get to see all the cars getting built up and some doing pit stop practice. Jenson Button ran right past me doing his track run, saw Frank Williams in the garage and Nico Rosberg came out to sign a few autographs whilst i was standing outside the Merc garage [hes taller than i thought!], Lewis had been earlier but i missed him

Parked myself opposite the Merc garage with my flag in the main grandstand for Friday FP2. Could see Johnny Herbert, Pinkham and Ted Kravitz doing their pre show talk. Only session that Lewis topped all weekend i think, which unfairly got my hopes up. I thought i was a pretty big Lewis fan until some mad French guy who had spotted my flag came up to me and showed me his Hamilton tattoo he had on his shoulder

Qualifying was disappointing. Could tell after Q2 that Lewis was nowhere near Nico and to make it worse i was sat next to some German Rosberg fans, which is pretty unlucky, i didnt think he had any! Viewed that from the Turn 4 hairpin, outside and inside. Had to dash off as soon as it finished as we were straight to the Nou Camp to watch Barca v Sociedad.

Only just made the race. Got absolutely smashed Saturday night, me and my mate both rolled out of this nightclub at 6am only to discover both of us had been pickpocketted and robbed of our phones. Got back to our hostel at 7am, just as some of the group were heading to the track Fell asleep for 2 hours and set off at 10 after the quickest shower and check out of my life, all while trying to get my phone cancelled Rolled up at the track just as the Porsche race was nearing the end, found the guys we were with and proceeded to bake for the next 4 hours in 30degree heat. Watched the race from the chicane after the turn 5 hairpin, Lewis seemed to be struggling with oversteer through there, especially the 1st stint when he shadowed Vettel, whereas Nico looked planted, which is easier i suppose in clean air, but he no doubt had the better set up all weekend and generally looked more comfortable.

As soon as Merc botched that first stop i knew it was game over in terms of the race, came out behind the Lotus and that cost him the undercut on Seb. Nice switch of stragedy though to turn it round, i cant tell for sure because i have no idea of the timings but that 2nd stint from Lewis looked pretty impressive, to get it to work he had to overtake a fair few cars but he made it happen. A few people got excited when he came out infront of Rosberg but it was obvious he had another stop to make and i was just concentrating on his gap to Vettel. Soon as he made the gap and came out infront the amount Vettel was holding him up was there for all to see. No idea if he had the pace to beat Rosberg but getting stuck behind Seb made sure the race for 1st was dead. Shame its such a poor track for overtaking

The cars are definitely a lot quieter, but the last time i saw them they were running V10s. For instance, when they are at the other end of the track its silent, not even a sound. They are pretty loud when they go past you though, especially when they flew past me on the pit straight with it all echoing off the grandstands and pit wall. The McLaren sounds like a bag of spanners, totally different to the rest of the field, you could close your eyes and tell exactly when one went passed.

Overall though a cracking 5 days. If anyone is thinking of doing Spain make sure you take some comfortable walking shoes, my feet are in bits. Its about a 30 minute walk from Montmelo station to the track and it wasnt pleasant in the heat with a hangover
Jambo

12th May 15 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I walked the length of Goodwood Mshow next to Pinkham without realising who it was for 3/4 of the way. She is also taller (and fitter) in real life. True story.

McLaren JJ I had made the comment to my dad couple races back it sounded like shite but wasn't sure if it just had a fault
Rick Draper

15th May 15 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Refuelling back for 2017.
Rob_Quads

15th May 15 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should make it a bit more interesting. They are making a big point about keeping the fuel limit the same but surely it won't be such as issue anyway as they won't be really heavy at the start and thus will naturally use less fuel than they did before.

The opening up of all the tyres makes it a bit more intersting. Could mean for some different strategies.
nibnob21
Premium Member

15th May 15 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah the tyre thing is what I'm more intrigued by.

Apparently the overall aim (according to the BBC) is to make them 5-6 seconds faster a lap. Higher revving and louder engines are being talked about too.

MX5 Project Thread
Ben G

15th May 15 at 22:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What so they're free to use any compound and not just the 2 that pirelli choose?
djgritt
Premium Member

16th May 15 at 07:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
What so they're free to use any compound and not just the 2 that pirelli choose?

Yep.
nibnob21
Premium Member

16th May 15 at 07:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christian Horner got married to Geri Halliwell yesterday. To be fair, she's definitely one that's got better with age.

MX5 Project Thread
Ben G

16th May 15 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Please don't put heat magazines finest gossip in here. Thanks.
nibnob21
Premium Member

16th May 15 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw it on BBC actually, therefore it's ok.

MX5 Project Thread

<<  20    21    22    23    24    25    26  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread 24 database queries in 0.1952810 seconds