corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vsport HID group buy discussion thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vsport HID group buy discussion thread
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
25th Jan 07 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
was about to make this thread myself willay. beat me to it.

there was a bit of confusion over the kits (as danny told you I believe willay) they were meant to be sent direct to the customers from the company that puts the kits together for me. but for some reason they arrived at Vsport today.

I got Danny onto it straight away (as I was out most of the day) and he got all the addresses together and packed them up ready to send and they were collected by business post as we closed tonight so they will be with you all tomorrow or friday at the latest.

sorry for the delay

Dave

It explains the delay on the kits there, I was assured they were sent directly to you from the distributors but that obviously want the case. they unexpectedly arrived at Vsport yesterday and I drove round like a loony getting enough packaging and getting a courier arranged at the last minute. they were collected late yestarday on a 24 hour delivery, I know 2 kits arrived at their destination today and the rest will be with you tomorrow via a company called BUSINESSPOST
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 05:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers.
Kano

26th Jan 07 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm almost 100% sure they need to have headlight washers to be legal.. Although you could retro-fit them its something that should be checked...
ed

26th Jan 07 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A

To put the record straight:

I have contacted both the police and VOSA regarding the HID kits I sell, the police werent very helpfull and said as long as the lights dont dazzle anyone (adjusted correctly), are not blue in colour and are E marked then they dont have a problem with them, they did say however that they have been pulling people over a lot recently due to the amount of people using 10k and 12k bulbs which look like this:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b24/corsa808/hid4.jpg

They then said that the best people to speak to are VOSA. Their opinion on them was that there is no law against having HID conversions as long as they are E marked, the correct colour and the beam is adjusted correctly. I am waiting for something official from them in the post.

the problem with these kits is that theres so many shit ones on the market that a lot of them are not E marked or CE approved, also a lot of the kits take a power feed directly from the standard lighting looms, proper kits include relays and a wiring loom to take the power feed from the battery.

there is no law regarding auto adjust headlight aim, its a myth according to VOSA

There is however a law regarding headlight washers. If the car comes with HID and Headlight washers from the factory the washers must work.

The basic rule is buy a decent kit from a uk manufacturer that is E marked and CE approved, the correct colour (4300k or 6000k are best) and the bulbs have 'dazzle guards' and get the beam adjusted correctly then you will be fine.

From the article in Autosport the conclusion was that old style convexed glass headlights did not do enough to allow the lights to be 'adjusted correctly' as having incorrect reflectors in the lights would cause the lights to dazzle. As all cars that are fitted with HID lighting from the factory come with new style projector head lamps and clear glass and Corsa's don't I would be a bit weary. Then before saying they are legal I would have done my own research on the kits too, by getting the kits tested at am MOT test station with thier beam testing equipment. As you have been saying they are legal and people start failing MOT's on the (no good you phoning VOSA as they didn't strictly say they were legal from what you have said) then Trading Standards will start getting a bit pissed off, as will your customers.
willay
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 11:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

proof in the pudding
willay
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 12:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been told there is a package at home waiting for me, thanks dave.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 12:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I probably have no such package. No-one is ever at home haha

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
ed

26th Jan 07 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll get a not from them telling you to go to thier depot.... Depots are cool
RobHayes

26th Jan 07 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have no package still
Rick Draper

26th Jan 07 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have my HID's.
RobHayes

26th Jan 07 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have mine now as well
sxibeast

26th Jan 07 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont hopefully will be at work monday when i go in
205tom

26th Jan 07 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

[Edited on 26-01-2007 by 205tom]
Martin_C

26th Jan 07 at 17:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got mine, fitted, well pleased, excellent kit dave, been to local mot station and had the lights checked for alignment, were pretty much spot on, didnt say anything about them being an mot fail, depends on the garage i suppose, pics and story to come
205tom

26th Jan 07 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much do these kits go on ebay for?
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 18:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£115 according to muppetsport
205tom

26th Jan 07 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the exact same kit?
Martin_C

26th Jan 07 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheapest kit on ebay for H4 hi lo HID's are £125 delivered, and they look crap compared to these, most similar kit is £265
VegasPhil
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got mine. Thinking about whipping out and fitting them! hehe.

They look like very nice quality.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
205tom

26th Jan 07 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bought soem new HIDs for the 206,same kit as daves,connectors etc h7 bulbs £69 delivered
Martin_C

26th Jan 07 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=320922&page=6
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and yes they are 100% illegal, but that wouldnt put me off buying a set as most mot places probably wont notice and for what they offer is worth it

edit: dave can you get them for a 106?

[Edited on 26-01-2007 by Steve]
Dave A

26th Jan 07 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
oh and yes they are 100% illegal, but that wouldnt put me off buying a set as most mot places probably wont notice and for what they offer is worth it

edit: dave can you get them for a 106?

[Edited on 26-01-2007 by Steve]

yes I can, and steve, please show me where in the law it says these kits are illegal. the fact about their legality is that at present there are no laws that say you cant fit HID conversions, as long as the colour is ok and the beam pattern passes mot's (3 of my kits in 3 different model cars have now been tested at an mot station, all have passed)

Martin_C

26th Jan 07 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve the wiring long is only specific to the bulb type, H4 in your and my case, the loom has a male H4 plug which plugs into the cars H4 female plug, to switch on and off the lights etc, the only other connections you need to make are a positive on the battery which is all wired up ready to go on, and 2 earths to the body, piece of piss.
Dave A

26th Jan 07 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and as for my kits or kits the same as mine being sold on Ebay for £115 thats rubbish. I scouce the bulbs, control units and balasts all from different suppliers and make the wiring looms myself.

as someone has already mentioned in this thread the closest kits as far as quality to mine are well over £200. Mine actually take their power from the battery rather than the vehicles original lighting loom and come inclusive of the 'dazzle guards' that are not included in the inferior kits.

Remember: just because they look the same and are described the same way doesnt mean that they are the same product and give the performance. If you want to gamble with a cheap Ebay kit from a seller in taiwan that cant write English properly then go ahead.

[Edited on 26-01-2007 by Dave A]

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vsport HID group buy discussion thread 23 database queries in 0.0129640 seconds