corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vsport HID group buy discussion thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vsport HID group buy discussion thread
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
24th Jan 07 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems the original thread has been deleted.

Dave A - can you please update us accordingly regarding the state of our HID kits we have purchase?

Danny advises me that the kits were sent off today from your garage, if you can provide consignment numbers or realistic timeframes (ie, factual) I would appreciate it.

[Edited on 24-01-2007 by willay]
Steve
Premium Member

24th Jan 07 at 20:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

who this danny
RobHayes

24th Jan 07 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes. i've been wondering where mine are. a tracking number would be good
willay
Premium Member

24th Jan 07 at 20:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Danny is someone who works with Dave, he sounds like a lovely lad. I've left my mobile number with him so Dave can call me at his leisure and tell me whats going on with the kit that I've bought but not recieved.
Jake

24th Jan 07 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will have them by friday apparently
willay
Premium Member

24th Jan 07 at 20:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Jake, I'm waiting for Dave A to give the official word to be fair.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

24th Jan 07 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

was about to make this thread myself willay. beat me to it.

there was a bit of confusion over the kits (as danny told you I believe willay) they were meant to be sent direct to the customers from the company that puts the kits together for me. but for some reason they arrived at Vsport today.

I got Danny onto it straight away (as I was out most of the day) and he got all the addresses together and packed them up ready to send and they were collected by business post as we closed tonight so they will be with you all tomorrow or friday at the latest.

sorry for the delay

Dave
jr

24th Jan 07 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

willay
Premium Member

24th Jan 07 at 20:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks Dave, in future please note that a bit more communication is the key to success, thanks again.
Martin_C

24th Jan 07 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i phoned dave today, sounded like a lovely lad, explained the situation, not like i have no lights

no need for the funny attitude willay, i doubt everything you've ordered before arrived next day.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

24th Jan 07 at 23:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TBH, I paid a while ago, and there wasn't any other update than "Kits were posted out Monday, and will be with you today or tomorrow."

That passed, people started to wonder, and rightly so. Has been a while now

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
willay
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 04:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Martin_C
i phoned dave today, sounded like a lovely lad, explained the situation, not like i have no lights

no need for the funny attitude willay, i doubt everything you've ordered before arrived next day.

Actually Martin, the time its taken between my money leaving my account and the goods arriving means I'm more then entitled to be funny, communication hasnt been good thus I did the chasing.
willay
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 18:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

top dat mofo, no packages today. hopefully by tomorrow.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nothing here

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
jamied

25th Jan 07 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why was the other thread deleted
i wonder..
Ant

25th Jan 07 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think it was something to do with a similar kit being advertised on ebay for £115 then posted in the old thread.

Im sure Dave A's kits are far superior to these though?
Robin
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Or £83 for the H1 or H7 setup.
mav

25th Jan 07 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Other thread he deleted it as there was no need for it..SImple.Not out of anything sinister.
willay
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not needed it? I needed it to know what the hell is going on with my kit that i've bought Mav, seeing as I had been left in the dark regarding where our stuff was So dont say no need!
mav

25th Jan 07 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He thought it was all sorted etc....He did ask If I could retrieve the thread and I said no so he was going to post another one but you beat him to it.
willay
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 20:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just too quick
Colin

25th Jan 07 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good luck with those - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVuSSdZNsZw
Nismo

25th Jan 07 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can fully understand where Willay-ma-bert is coming from.

[Edited on 25-01-2007 by Nismo]
Ant

25th Jan 07 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dave has contacted VOSA and his kits are apparently OK

If they are not there is no problem as its a simple 'not fit for purpose case'

[Edited on 25-01-2007 by Ant]
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

25th Jan 07 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To put the record straight:

I have contacted both the police and VOSA regarding the HID kits I sell, the police werent very helpfull and said as long as the lights dont dazzle anyone (adjusted correctly), are not blue in colour and are E marked then they dont have a problem with them, they did say however that they have been pulling people over a lot recently due to the amount of people using 10k and 12k bulbs which look like this:

They then said that the best people to speak to are VOSA. Their opinion on them was that there is no law against having HID conversions as long as they are E marked, the correct colour and the beam is adjusted correctly. I am waiting for something official from them in the post.

the problem with these kits is that theres so many shit ones on the market that a lot of them are not E marked or CE approved, also a lot of the kits take a power feed directly from the standard lighting looms, proper kits include relays and a wiring loom to take the power feed from the battery.

there is no law regarding auto adjust headlight aim, its a myth according to VOSA

There is however a law regarding headlight washers. If the car comes with HID and Headlight washers from the factory the washers must work.

The basic rule is buy a decent kit from a uk manufacturer that is E marked and CE approved, the correct colour (4300k or 6000k are best) and the bulbs have 'dazzle guards' and get the beam adjusted correctly then you will be fine.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vsport HID group buy discussion thread 23 database queries in 0.1854010 seconds