corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vsport HID group buy discussion thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vsport HID group buy discussion thread
jr

User status: Offline
26th Jan 07 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dave out of intrest if you make the looms yourself how do the people that bought the kits get them

because what you said was the supplier was going to send them directly out to the customers

you make the looms, then send them out to the company, who then send them out to the customer ?

[Edited on 26-01-2007 by jr]
ChrisBoom

26th Jan 07 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The kits look really good IMO, seen it on martins progress page, ill be getting a set when I get my sport methinks!!

Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

26th Jan 07 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
dave out of intrest if you make the looms yourself how do the people that bought the kits get them

because what you said was the supplier was going to send them directly out to the customers

you make the looms, then send them out to the company, who then send them out to the customer

got it in one Jr

well sort of. not all kits need the extra looms, only the H4 kits. I make these up in batches and send them to the distributor so they can add them to my kits when needed. If I did it the other way round it would meen paying for postage of each kit to me and then from me to the customer.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 19:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been fiddling with mine. (Not installed yet. Will wait until my car is in bits)

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Dave A

26th Jan 07 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get them fitted.

slacker
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
quote:
Originally posted by Steve
oh and yes they are 100% illegal, but that wouldnt put me off buying a set as most mot places probably wont notice and for what they offer is worth it

edit: dave can you get them for a 106?

[Edited on 26-01-2007 by Steve]

yes I can, and steve, please show me where in the law it says these kits are illegal. the fact about their legality is that at present there are no laws that say you cant fit HID conversions, as long as the colour is ok and the beam pattern passes mot's (3 of my kits in 3 different model cars have now been tested at an mot station, all have passed)

its the spread of light, normal lights arent up to focussing the beam properly, so even though the alignment may be ok, the light will still spread out too far, did you see the auto car feature:?

how much for the 106?

[Edited on 26-01-2007 by Steve]
Dave A

26th Jan 07 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if anything steve the light is focused much better than standard bulbs, they sred the light very evenly and not at all as shown on that auto car feature (which is a completely useless report on HID's as they tried their hardest to show up the failings in the cheap ebay type kits and didnt contact VOSA or the police for their opinion so ir was completely biased as most modern media is)

see these pics:

corsa:

martin c's civic:

(note in the corsa pic, the car was up about 1ft off the floor on ramps)

[Edited on 26-01-2007 by Dave A]
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so how muchos for my 106, u2u me if you want
Dave A

26th Jan 07 at 20:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry mate,

£150 for the 106 (+£6 delivery)
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 20:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

easy to install yes? will i need the homemade loom etc?
Dave A

26th Jan 07 at 20:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what bulb size is the 106?

Steve
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 20:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant remember il find out
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 20:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

H4 501
205tom

26th Jan 07 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they maybe 'inferior' ebay ones but they run of the same principal as yours,taking the current from the battery with one female plug to plug into the OE male one,they maybe writing in dodgy taiwanese but the kits components ie waterproof connectors are exactly the same as yours
205tom

26th Jan 07 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and the quality of the kit i got for the 205 and one ive got for the 206 are top quality,just sheding light on how much people can pay and get the same thing but without the Vsport warrenty
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dave its worth it just for the metal case , might fit them tomorrow.
Dave A

26th Jan 07 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 205tom
they maybe 'inferior' ebay ones but they run of the same principal as yours,taking the current from the battery with one female plug to plug into the OE male one,they maybe writing in dodgy taiwanese but the kits components ie waterproof connectors are exactly the same as yours

my 1.4 corsa has a battery and 4 wheels with some brakes but it doesnt perform as well as an evo which also has 4 wheels a battery and brakes.

simple as that.
Sidesport

26th Jan 07 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry to go off topic - Dave, did you get my U2U?

Cheers

Chris
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dave wheres that guide you did with photos?
Dave A

26th Jan 07 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

please remember to follow the instructions in the warranty card, complete them and return them to the address in my sig

[Edited on 26-01-2007 by Dave A]
205tom

26th Jan 07 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well obviously everyone knows thats the evo would be better,its commen knowledge,but were talking about HID kits here that many people dont know alot about,and because they dont know anything about them they believe what there being told,what proof do you have that your kits are superior to the ebay kits?
Dave A

26th Jan 07 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
dave wheres that guide you did with photos?

Im trying to get Ian to revive it as it was mistakenly deleted.
205tom

26th Jan 07 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your just a clever man whos making a killing off these people who dont know anything about them
Dave A

26th Jan 07 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 205tom
well obviously everyone knows thats the evo would be better,its commen knowledge,but were talking about HID kits here that many people dont know alot about,and because they dont know anything about them they believe what there being told,what proof do you have that your kits are superior to the ebay kits?

I tried loads of kits before deciding on the combination of components used in my kits. the only proof is in their performance. I have not had 1 complaint about these kits (now over 40 kits sold) and I have haid people buy them to replace the inferior ebay kits and the improvements have huge. These kits sell over the counter at Vsport for £185.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do you accept paypal?

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Vsport HID group buy discussion thread 23 database queries in 0.2053111 seconds