corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland

New Poll
  <<  15    16    17    18    19    20    21  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Scotland
John

User status: Offline
11th Sep 14 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Children debate thing that's on just reminded me that every single kid is voting yes. That was a good move from Salmond but I didn't think it was a massive %.
John

11th Sep 14 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, George Galloway seems to be dressed as a witch.

[Edited on 11-09-2014 by John]
John

11th Sep 14 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anybody else watching this? I actually hate the youth of today, more than I hate everyone else.
Russ

11th Sep 14 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nope
Hammer

11th Sep 14 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

The ROI are thriving by offering tax cuts to big business, hence why Google and other huge US technology companies are spending hundreds of millions on premises over there

making it up mcdaid

Yes, you are. What you've quoted is 100% true. It also does not relate in any way to what you are accusing me of saying.
JonnyJ

11th Sep 14 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Anybody else watching this? I actually hate the youth of today, more than I hate everyone else.

Galloway looks like a right pleb Who sent him there?!

These debates wind me right up, just a shouting competition, the ones that shouts the loudest gets the biggest cheers.
Hammer

11th Sep 14 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
problem is, you are answering the questions you want to answer, and avoiding the others.. you're like first minister

I've not avoided one question, not that I have all the answers anyway.

As I said to start with I want my Country to make its own decisions, when the debate about semantics is all said and done that's why I'm voting Yes.
Russ

11th Sep 14 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool, good luck.
Chris x

11th Sep 14 at 21:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v9IXwFb_cg
AK

12th Sep 14 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems to be causing a lot of ill feeling on both sides of the border and within Scotland itself.

Many of my friends in Aberdeen are 100% against it, and think it'll be a disaster. I can see why.... Aberdeen is a pretty successful and wealthy city for the most part. Why change a good thing?

Most of my friends from the South (of Scotland) seem to be on the Yes side. Understandable for their own reasons (Tories mostly )

Of course there is going to be a lot of feelings involved with the vote. I am SCOTTISH, I do believe we should be an independent country and thats what the ballot asks.

BUT there are so many risks involved and unknowns...

16year olds voting! Foreigners voting, and Nationals not being allowed to vote as they live in England.... Not right in my opinion.

All that seems to be happening is a growing resentment to England, and digging up of past transgressions.... like the moving of the Scottish maritime border in 1999! That does annoy me to the point of saying fuck the English, get rid of them.

I do firmly believe England will be worse off than Scotland after a potential split.
Ben G

12th Sep 14 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why does my missus not get a vote? It does seem unfair. She lived in Scotland until 19, is that not good enough for Alex cunthead?
AK

12th Sep 14 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yup, I totally do not agree with that.

If you are a Scottish national you should get a vote. If Ngobbo from Nigeria gets a vote because they have lived there for a wee while..... thats daft.
John

12th Sep 14 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've not spoken to a single really well off person who is voting yes.
djgritt
Premium Member

12th Sep 14 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AK
Nationals not being allowed to vote as they live in England.... Not right in my opinion.

100% Agree with this. Disgraceful decision by Salmond etc IMO.
Feel quite bad for a few Scottish colleagues that aren't able to vote due to them currently living in England.
Steve
Premium Member

12th Sep 14 at 20:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did I hear salmond today demanding an inquest into why some details were leaked causing the banks to declare they would relocate to England?

If so, wow, shows even more I would not trust the cunt, complain about Westminster hiding details about Scottish wealth, then complain about Westminster leaking details when it doesn't suit him

[Edited on 12-09-2014 by Steve]
John

12th Sep 14 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As much as I dislike Salmond, if (I don't know the rules behind it) that's not supposed to be public information, I can see his point.
rustyarchs

12th Sep 14 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by djgritt
quote:
Originally posted by AK
Nationals not being allowed to vote as they live in England.... Not right in my opinion.

100% Agree with this. Disgraceful decision by Salmond etc IMO.
Feel quite bad for a few Scottish colleagues that aren't able to vote due to them currently living in England.

If I remember correctly it was something to do with the united nations humans rights folks saying the vote wouldn't be legitimate if it wasn't territorial. I would have liked the Ex pats to have had the vote as most of the see themselves as Scottish and not British so it would prob have been a bonus to the yes camp! but there must be about a million (guesswork here) of them all over the world so it surely would have been a nightmare to manage.

also jings it looks like this has been busy over the last few days
Hammer

12th Sep 14 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
Why does my missus not get a vote? It does seem unfair. She lived in Scotland until 19, is that not good enough for Alex cunthead?

Alex Cunthead didn't decide who gets the vote, the Scottish and UK governments did together.
Hammer

12th Sep 14 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Did I hear salmond today demanding an inquest into why some details were leaked causing the banks to declare they would relocate to England?

If so, wow, shows even more I would not trust the cunt, complain about Westminster hiding details about Scottish wealth, then complain about Westminster leaking details when it doesn't suit him

No, you didn't hear that. At all.
Pop

12th Sep 14 at 22:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/scottish-independence/alex-salmond-opens-up-war-of-words-with-bbc-over-rbs-leak-9726695.html
Hammer

12th Sep 14 at 22:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
quote:
quote:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/scottish-independence/alex-salmond-opens-up-war-of-words-with-bbc-over-rbs-leak-9726695.html

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29185319

Not what Steve thought he heard and he was right to voice concern anyway into the bargain.
Pop

12th Sep 14 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It was underhand what they did, but clearly it was RBS's intention to relocate following a Yes vote. Lloyds, Clydesdale and Standard Life in the mix too.
John

12th Sep 14 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To my understanding, there is no relocation, all it is is a change of the legal address of whatever part has to be registered in England.
Pop

12th Sep 14 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Relocation was the wrong word to use, you are correct with re-registering. However, if that had little to no impact on the future for an independent Scotland I'm sure Salmond wouldn't be so pissed off about it.
Hammer

12th Sep 14 at 22:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Pop
It was underhand what they did, but clearly it was RBS's intention to relocate following a Yes vote. Lloyds, Clydesdale and Standard Life in the mix too.

They'll change the registered address on their letterheads it is a technical procedure, non-story.

Lloyds relocating from Scotland to London has been the best story though. Their headquarters are IN London

<<  15    16    17    18    19    20    21  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Scotland 22 database queries in 0.0164011 seconds