corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Can anyone give me some ideas????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Can anyone give me some ideas????
kev_corsa

User status: Offline
21st Oct 03 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys, just wondering if you could give me some ideas for my boot.

At the moment i want to install 1 x 12" Alpine type R Sub, 2 x Alpine Amps and a 1F Cap in the boot of my corsa c.

Just wondering if you guys have any ideas on how i could put these bits into the boot making it look quite decent, but still allowing me access to the spare wheel.

Thanks a lot
Melville

21st Oct 03 at 10:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant mate!!

If you want the spare wheel out you have to take the capret up which covers the whole of the boot. I dont even think cutting the carpet would give you enough room to fit your ice in tbh. Get some strong velcro so you can take them out if you need your spare wheel
TOMAS

21st Oct 03 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No need for the power cap, upgrade your battery and altenator first otherwise the cap will do nothing...
kev_corsa

21st Oct 03 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ahhh right ok, cheers lads
SRi_m00k

21st Oct 03 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely u cud offset the sub to one side in a custom made box which would give u clearance for your spare wheel?? simply hinge the false floor which contains the amps above the spare wheel and lift it when required??
kev_corsa

21st Oct 03 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good idea! anyone done this before????
Melville

21st Oct 03 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its gonna be tight, my mate thought about it but his 12 inch sub and encloser was too big so couldnt fit in in.
SRi_m00k

21st Oct 03 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends on ur sub and the requirements of box size?

also the corsa b the wheel well is exactly centre its offset to the right, dunno bout the c but if u keep the box to the left it shud help give enuff clearance, but u will probably end up makin quite a tall box to get the volume required!!

get the pen an paper out, an even make a mock up outta carboard see how it goes!!

or do wat this guy did in a golf?? £££

SRi_m00k

21st Oct 03 at 16:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but u can see how it can be done even wi a hinge, just keep the box tucked over tight to the side!! u could even angle it a bit to make it loook a bit better
SRi_m00k

21st Oct 03 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if i were to remove the right hand side sub from my build and place the 2 amps in a recessed floor on that side and hinge it then i reckon i wud still be able to grab the wheel out without much trouble

but 2 subs rocks, and i need the wheel well for the 2 hidden amps as well lol
kev_corsa

21st Oct 03 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks a lot SRi_m00k, your install is looking well smart!!!!! i love something like that when i have enough cash to get the other alpine sub and monoblock.

I know I'm going off the subject a bit here, but whats the advantages/disadvantages to having your subs facing into the enclosure????
kev_corsa

21st Oct 03 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i suppose i could make something where all the boxes lift out seperatly and so the wheel well could still be accessable
SRi_m00k

21st Oct 03 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks gd lol

i have been told that havin the magents out actually looses a few db but when i bought the diamonds an seen them magnets they just ahd to go arse out!!

polished is becomin bit fo a theme for the motor!! got the rims done and hopin to get a nice roll cage!

i know wat ya mean bout gettin the cash for amps an stuff! bought the subs last august, only outta the box start of september this year shud be wired in by the weekend tho :-) cant wait
kev_corsa

21st Oct 03 at 17:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice 1!! as for the alpines tho, i think the cones look pretty smart on them, so i think i may make a triangular shaped box like yours but set them in intead.
SRi_m00k

21st Oct 03 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i mite try mine inside the box once i get it goin see wat difference it'd make, but i reckon the box will be too small then, its only 0.6 cubic foot at the mo!

had a play about in fotoshop to show ye the way i'd do it an it aint saved ffs stupid computers!!

pen an paper suits me better ;-)

kev_corsa

21st Oct 03 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh i see wot you mean, maybe i could extend the side of the boxes to fit in recess and maybe bring the front of them up so they are more vertical to get a bigger volume

New Poll