corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Advice wanted on fitting power steering !

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advice wanted on fitting power steering !
Biggin

User status: Offline
20th Oct 03 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My dad’s N reg 1.2 Corsa is his pride and joy and he would like to fit power steering to it but wants some advice first. Has anyone out there done this mod ? Is it just a matter of bolting on the new rack and pump etc or will it involve substantial alterations? Any advice would be greatly appreciated !
Gambit

20th Oct 03 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

easier sellin it and buying a car already fitted with power steering

the steering aint that heavy on a corsa anyhow!
Black Corsa SRi

20th Oct 03 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i agree with gambit it really not worth the time it would take and the hassel it would cause. its easier and prob cheaper to sell yours nd buy another one with power steering if u really want it that badly!
Kris TD

20th Oct 03 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my bros corsa has power steering and its not much lighter than mine without it tbh.
Biggin

20th Oct 03 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the advice guys ! I don’t think he will sell it though not his ‘pride and joy’ and your right the steering is light but when your a 77yo who is built like a famine victim I suppose parking it may be a bit heavy on the arms especially with alloys ? Maybe steroids are the answer ?
MattyB

21st Oct 03 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i reckon u shud borrow a set of 17"s, put them on for a while, let him struggle, then put the 14" alloys back on, and it will feel like power steering!

Matt

New Poll