corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » front speaker replacements

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author front speaker replacements
Dom

User status: Offline
5th Oct 03 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Howdies all,
Looking at getting phonix gold R6.5's for the front and was just wondering if they'll fit? The speaker has a depth of 2 3/4 inches.
Also i take i just need a 17cm speaker adaptor and, if they do fit, its just a case of connecting it up and sinking it in the adaptor? Also, will the corsa cover (the one that covers the original speakers) still fit?
As for the tweeters, is there a tutorial around on how to wire them up?
And finally, wheres the best place to put the crossover? Cant seem to find a picture of the crossover used so dont know if its a inline jobby or a box (if you get what i mean)
Cheers all
Dom
M4tt

5th Oct 03 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you just need an autoleads adapter to fit them.

i want these speakers too and i've found they have a mounting depth of 60mm

i know they fit in the doors m8, but im not sure if they are too deep.....
Scotty_B

5th Oct 03 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have these speakers in my Corsa C doors and they fit perfectly with Autoleads adapters. They also have in-line crossovers and are 70w RMS.
Dom

5th Oct 03 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers all
Anyone know if the door depths between a corsa B and C are different? Its just that i dont wanna buy em and find that they dont fit because there isnt enough room

CorSRi - are they any good? sound alright?
I will be running ithem (if i get em) off the bog standard vaux head unit for time being, until i decide on what head unit im getting (yet to decide, although alpine's look alright), but i take it an amp is required for best performance? If so, wheres the best place to put one (apart from in the boot) - was thinking glove box or under seat, but dont want the thing to overheat or anything And what do you recommend?

I might go for these then, if they'll fit ok. Anyone seen em any cheaper than 85 squid?

cheers all
Dom
Scotty_B

5th Oct 03 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They sound superb. I running them off my Apline V12 amp 2x100 RMS. Personally I think you should wait until you get your new head unit before fitting them as they won't sound very good with the standard unit.
Dom

5th Oct 03 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers mate
yea was thinking about waiting, but a) its something i could get now and b) its gonna take me an age to decide what head unit i wanna get (although thats for another thread).

well ive order a modification book for the corsa, so ill find out what the sizes are and what not from that before i go taking the doors apart lol
Cheers all
Dom
koolkorsa

5th Oct 03 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wuld they be arlite of my 4x50 watts pioneer unit. or is it a waste of money gettin decent speakers wivout an amp.
Scotty_B

5th Oct 03 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

An after market HU would be fine, but an amp will always sound better.

New Poll