corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Speaker sizes for corsa c?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Speaker sizes for corsa c?
russ sxi

User status: Offline
   27th Apr 03 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey, can anyone tell me what the speaker sizes for all 6 speakers in the corsa c are? I would take the car apart but just had the thing and figured this is the easier way of finding out! Cheers

[Edited on 27-04-2003 by russ sxi]
BarinaSRi

30th Apr 03 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the front are 6", the tweeters are about 1".

The front sixes are a spacer and speaker all in one unit so i had to cut the guts out of the old speaker and then mount the new speaker to the remains of the old frame. i used some inch long screws and suitable wing nuts, drilled a hole in the side of the frame, put a "wing" of the wing nut through the hole then thread the screws through to hold the new speaker to the old frame. then bolt it all in the car. I found that if i pulled my sound stream 1" tweeters appart they snapped into the holders for the original tweeters just fine with a bit of foam tape around them to seal properly.

Luke.
BarinaSRi

30th Apr 03 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

also, i couldnt figure out how to completely emove the door card, it seems to be permanantly attached where it meets the window so its all a bit hard to work around.

the bit of plastic around the tweeter and the other bit around the door release have to come off first, then remove all the screws and the door card can be pulled away at the bottom enough to get the job done.

I havent looked in the back yet but they look about 5" from what i can see.

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

1st May 03 at 08:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah I also found it stuck at the top near the window, but I'm sure its ment to come off.
neiliosxi

1st May 03 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u have to remove the window seal, then pull out the bottom of the card and lift upwards! Its 100000000 times harder to get it back on so dont remove them untill you've got speakers to go in!
ultra_corsa

26th Oct 04 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when puttin the door cards back on make sure your windows are down ,makes it alot easier....but still a rite biatch to get on properly!
hitman2k

27th Oct 04 at 05:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought front components where 17cm 6 1/2 inch?? some correct me if i'm wrong please!
o0MattE0o

27th Oct 04 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This vehicle has a 6.5" aperture Front
This vehicle has a 5.25" aperture Rear
Also get Autoleads SAK-3001 Front and Rear

New Poll