corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Wiring to the doors????

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wiring to the doors????
Melville

User status: Offline
3rd Oct 03 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok I wanna change my speaker cable to my front components and also run a live wire to run some LED's. Whats the best way to put the wiring in?? Is there any way you can connect the wires through the existing detachable spool thing (not sure of the technical term)

Thanks Mark
M4tt

3rd Oct 03 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you are wiring an amp for front comps you can use the existing speaker cabling.

do this buy cutting off the existing speaker wires at the HU and then linking the ones from the amp to the originals.....

as for the power led i believe you can tap into the central locking power cable.
Melville

3rd Oct 03 at 10:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I tap into the central locking cable then they'll be on 24/7 plus Ive made a fused distribution box that I wanna run them off plus a switch to go with my neons etc.
As far as the speakers go I wanna use some decent qualtiy cable, I knoo its pointless but I wanna do it lol
MikeLamb

3rd Oct 03 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wanna do the same, i much prefer the idea of using quality cable, i dont have central locking atm, and would like to fit it! Does anybody know how i can get these wires through aswell??
CorsaSRi16v
Premium Member

3rd Oct 03 at 11:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Put some decent cable through the door.

It will involve taking the door off though, and you need to be carefull not to make a mess of the connector.

Old car:

RichR
Premium Member

3rd Oct 03 at 11:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didnt have to take the door off to run new/quality cabling down - just some minor adjustments to the connector block - tubing and housing - Mark. when we gonna see u again?
IntaCepta

3rd Oct 03 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i drilled the multiplug and connectors to get the speaker wire in, (12guage).
Its very fiddly. I also ran a thin cable thru to power my LEDs in the speaker grill.

i didn't take the door off, but may think it would be easier to do with the door off. depending how hard it is to take the door off lol.
IntaCepta

3rd Oct 03 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

start with a smaller drill bit, and work ur way up.
make sure u don't drill thru any pin/ports that are being used for your door electrics (c/l windows mirrors etc)
CorsaSRi16v
Premium Member

3rd Oct 03 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I didnt have to take the door off to run new/quality cabling down - just some minor adjustments to the connector block - tubing and housing - Mark. when we gonna see u again?

I've been up Fezy quite a few weeks in a row.

You've not been there though.
RichR
Premium Member

3rd Oct 03 at 23:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know - Im doing a u.. and disapearing for a year or so
CorsaSRi16v
Premium Member

4th Oct 03 at 11:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE
I know - Im doing a u.. and disapearing for a year or so

LOL I know.

I've been working at weekends so I never got chance to make it on a Sunday. Now I am on my placement year I don't have to work weekends! and I can go up Fezy

I was keeping myself to myself before that.

[Edited on 04-10-2003 by CorsaSRi16v]

New Poll