corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Exaust rattles when pulling away while engine cold!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Exaust rattles when pulling away while engine cold!!!
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
1st Oct 03 at 16:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi guys,

ive got a full Scorpion stainless steel cat back group A exaust and i have noticed since about a month ago when i went over a speed bump too fast and knocked one of the hooks of the bracket on the backbox!!!!......that it seems to sort of rattle as i pull away but only when engine is COLD though!!

it sounds similar to the problem i had with the original standard exaust before...which was actually the silencer which had packed in!!!

its deffinatly comming from the middle somwere, hopefully the silencer hasnt packed in again!! hope its just a loose connection or somthing

wat u reckon
Dan
Premium Member

1st Oct 03 at 18:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have this problem also..when pulling away...happens when hot 2 tho

Adult GiftsClick here to vist us
broster
Premium Member

1st Oct 03 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

could be that u have knocked the baffels loose in the silencer, i had it on a sportex system, nowi have the scorpion grp a, it rattles but it rattles on the heat shiled below above the mid box, just cuz its bigger i fink!
marks_corsa

5th Oct 03 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got exactly the same problem. Makes the car sound rough!!!!!! Is it the cat touching / banging on the underside of the car???
IntaCepta

5th Oct 03 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have this problem as well.
its horrid!

i also thought it might be the cat rattling against the car.
Sooty
Banned

5th Oct 03 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my corsa did that as well... never found out why
astra.n

5th Oct 03 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when you start from cold the rubbers on the system are hard. when they warm up they give a bit stopping the rattle, or causeing it to catch on the heat sheild near the cat or over the rear beam the best way to stop it is to heat it up with a blow torch and bend it till it is clear of the prob

big eck

5th Oct 03 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got the same problem too m8, its ma back box thats fuked the baffles inside are loose and makes the car sound like a bucket.
MoNkEy MaGiC

5th Oct 03 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

"astra.n" yea mate you could be right, but it didnt rattle at all before, only since i knocked it over the speed bump

do you think it could be the cat by ANY chance?????
coz if it is then i get it out n put decat in, as ive got a full cat back system aleady

cheers
astra.n

5th Oct 03 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

prob bent a bracket your system. the system should fit kinda in the middle of the cut out for it . jack the car up from cold andstart it up you sould c were it catches if not were dose the sound come from

[Edited on 05-10-2003 by astra.n]
alyash

6th Oct 03 at 17:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the same problem on my Corsa B 1.0 12V. It all started when I changed centre and rear silencer. I had them changed in an authorised Opel (yeah, continental Europe) garage, but that obviousely guarantees nothing.
It is happening when the engine is cold, but also when it isn't when I pull away at low rev or when I pull away in the hill.
It drives me mad as everyone is looking at me as I would have a crappy car. Otherwise I like my car, but this really drives me mad.

New Poll