corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » car has flat spot between 2-3 revs??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author car has flat spot between 2-3 revs??
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
   4th Sep 03 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i noticed that late last night my car was having a a sort of light flat spot between revs 2 and 3 were the car just wasnt pulling as hard as it used to??
then after couple of minutes of flooring it, it was ok, what happend??
engine wasnt taking in hot air,coz it was cold last nite and the engine bay was not too hot at all!

[Edited on 04-09-2003 by MoNkEy MaGiC]
MikeH

4th Sep 03 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine used to do it... i think it was effectively flooding the engine with fuel.

Mine hasn't done it since i added 2 cold air feeds.
MikeH

4th Sep 03 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reset the ECU, ensure it's getting plenty of cold air, and then maybe put optimax fuel in.

I know it's not a specific solution but my car doesn't do it anymore after those things.
Juha GSi

4th Sep 03 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what i had in my gsi was the same.firstly i made new, thicker earth cable from the battery. helped alot. got also more torq @ 1000-1500.then i changed sparkplugs, got little better. when i fitted green twister, its sometimes there sometimes not. doesnt annoy anymore...
MikeH

4th Sep 03 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thicker earth?

What made you think of doing that?
Juha GSi

4th Sep 03 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look at the one wich is there if its original.... its so small... came in to my mind from carhifi things,thicker it is better it is . but really didnt make any other mods,and it had real effect. would be also ideal to chance all the cables from alternator to battery,specially if there is some real amps in boot. it doesnt flash lights so easily if and when one plays loud...
MikeH

4th Sep 03 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where did you get some really thick cables from and was it hard to change them all?
Juha GSi

4th Sep 03 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

havent got any real ice in my car so didnt chance them(alternator cables,just the one which goes from battery to earth 5 inc. cable or so.),subs ect. but in gsi it is quite a lot of work cos the alternator is underneath all things. but when i get those subs ill definately will tear them out and change them, seen it work in many other cars. so dont know in other corsas if the alternator is in good place,it would be ideal to change them, and use thick ice cables and gold plated connectors,then it is good work.

and as i live in finland we have steering and other stuff diffrently in motor department,but my opinion is that change the battery earthing, it works.

New Poll