corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » power boost valves?????

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author power boost valves?????
purple_B

User status: Offline
1st Mar 04 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it sorted out flat spots and i dont know how much for a corsa,get the listed one thou as u know it'all work for your car,once i get dta system and raise rev limit i'll prob get one for mine(1.6)
blackula

1st Mar 04 at 21:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FSE Boost Valve type thing ? They used to give a noticeable power boost on the old OHC Vauxhall Engines like the 1.8 Astra GTE mk1, because the std Fuel Pressure regulator was badly designed. In Fast Car in like 1987, they got like 8 bhp on a Cavalier Sri, the very first type. and increased driveability, it was David Vizard doing the testing, so you know he knew his shit.

If you get to the point where you need a PBV you may have need a high flow fuel pump too, I fitted a Facet one to my Nova SR (was actually a Corsa GT Opel) after fitting a boost valve. But I had already got rid of the Pierburg car and using Twin Webers, Blydenstein head and a Kent cam by this time so I can't quantify what they do on std engines.

I've heard people crimping pipes to increase fuel pressure too. There is a consensus that PBV's will only help when the normal fpr is crap and also work better on fuel injected cars. They work worst where a constant velocity carb is in use.....like an SU.
Paul_J

1st Mar 04 at 22:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blackula how's the 105 bhp Sxi these days? still not tempted to sell the dbilas manifold ?

I've been checking Ebay regulary and haven't seen one since
blackula

1st Mar 04 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Car is maybe having a written off Vectra 2.2 in it, I have bought the engine and the needed bits, not really sure what to do with them, I mean fitting wise, all in all seems like a major ball ache. I may find someone who would do it for me, but you need to fit all kinds of parts from the Immobiliser to shitty bits of wiring loom and sensors.

I drive about in a another car these days anyway.
blackula

1st Mar 04 at 22:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paul, I missed the older posts, what exactly did you do to your sxi and is it a Corsa B ? They were quoted at 65 but about 70 bhp std right ?
Paul_J

1st Mar 04 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sxi's are 75 bhp standard - no idea why official stats say 65 - about 10 others on this site have had their's rr'd and they range from 75-> 78 bhp when standard and 80-83 bhp with a cat back exhaust.

So what happened to the dbilas flowtec manifold?
blackula

2nd Mar 04 at 00:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its on the car at the mo, still a 1.2

broster
Premium Member

2nd Mar 04 at 09:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J

Corsa120 you got a pic of yours in your engine bay?

iv got one for u mate

look by the battery, thats it there
Greasemonkey

2nd Mar 04 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

clean ya engine bay boy
broster
Premium Member

2nd Mar 04 at 11:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck it, ill wait till the engine falls out first! do u liek how shiney my manifold is still
Greasemonkey

2nd Mar 04 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, i will be cleaning mine tomoz night, quite looking foward to it, should be easy with no engine in there lol
broster
Premium Member

2nd Mar 04 at 12:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, yeah im hopeing for the same when my engine is out soon!
Paul_J

2nd Mar 04 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish velo's did a cheap inlet thing for the 1.2 16v

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll