corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » drilling airbox...sound

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author drilling airbox...sound
richardostreet

User status: Offline
   22nd Jul 03 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am not sure if i should drill my airbox its only a crappy little engine that already sounds quite whiney will drilling the airbox give it a bit of a proper induction roar or will it make it sound worse!! its 1.2 8valve...may do it this afternoon.... and after drilling should i use tights to cover the holes to stop dirt etc from getting in??

cheers richard
Patrick

22nd Jul 03 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Raspy.
corsaon18s

22nd Jul 03 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a 1.2 8v and i found that if you drill the box it doesnt make much different to the engine sound, but it does when you have a back box if you disconnect the air box completely and rev it you will hear the desired sound, very grumpy lots of low notes, if you get a pipercross induction kit you nearly get the same sound. experiment and you will eventually get a the puny 1.2 to growl.........slightly!
digitalbanana

22nd Jul 03 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive got a 1.0 12v! and drilled the box...only loads of 8mm holes and sounds real deep....sounds like a TVR in a way. And that is only on a 1.0!! so 1.2 should make a similar or better effect....do it...u wont regret it!!!
luca2020

22nd Jul 03 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why would u want to put tights over the holes? what do u think the air filters for
Corsa^Dan

22nd Jul 03 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my 1.2 is v loud with a drilled airbpox on!!
moddedcorsa

22nd Jul 03 at 22:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go 4 it, sounds nice and deep under load till about 2k revs then my exhaust kicks in (thats also on a 1.2 8v)
jazzer2k3

22nd Jul 03 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ere i got a 1.2 8v and if u look on the air box from the front of ur car there is a panel on the left hand underneath the filter......pull that off and listen to the sound then...... Sounds pritty sweet.....
Cybermonkey

23rd Jul 03 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My 1.6 sounds like a frickin supercar with drilled airbox.

New Poll