corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » want 2 set of components in the front...?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author want 2 set of components in the front...?
DIGGIDY

User status: Offline
   15th May 03 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm thinking of putting two set of 6 1/2 inch components into my front door builds.

Currently i have a 4 channels amp pushing out 150rms per channel wired to single set of comp's and pair of mid bass in the back side panels.

I know its possible and a done thing to wire subs in parralle and show a 2 ohm load to the amp.

??? Is this possible with comp's ???

sounds ok in theroy but i'm not sure about the pratical side of it...

any thought's ? mostly from corb or snowy please...
corb

15th May 03 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you mean run the components in parallel, no, unless the amp will run at 2ohm as a 4channel amp.
corb

15th May 03 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

only just read the end of the post!!!
DIGGIDY

15th May 03 at 16:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure about the amp... i know it 2 ohm stable with a bridged channel coz i did have a pair of cheap subs and a set of components running off it with no problems.

i'll just get another amp if need be...

but is it possible and would i want to be doing it?
corb

15th May 03 at 16:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If its 2ohm stable in bridged, then no, you couldnt. It you have to be 1ohm stable bridged to be 2ohm stable per channel.
DIGGIDY

15th May 03 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tell you what i'll get back to you tomoz, with a few diagrams of how i think i can do it, going home now.
TOMAS

15th May 03 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes you can run them in 2ohm STEREO! nearly every amp can do this. If it will work 4ohm Bridged then it will work 2ohm Stereo as they are the same load. Here's an attempt at a description...

4 channel amp... channel 1 (L&R), channel 2 (L&R).

Channel 1 (L&R) goes to midbass in back.
= 4ohm STEREO

Channel 2 (L +) goes to both the Front Left side components positive terminals.
Channel 2 (L - ) goes to both the Front Left side components negative terminals.

Channel 2 (R +) goes to both the Front Right side component positive terminals.
Channel 2 (R - ) goes to both the Front Right side component negative terminals.
= 2 ohm STEREO.

Now if youre 4 channel amp cant cope with that then come to my place and i'll give you one for free that can cope!

no offense but ???@corb's suggestion.
Next please....
DIGGIDY

16th May 03 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Read my Amp manual last night and my amp is 2 ohm stable for all channels... wasn't to sure yesterday...

cheers TOMAS... that was what i was trying to get at... think my brain was a bit fried yesterday...

OK now we have the technical side out the way.... what about the pratical side...

what are the pro's and con's of doing this??

thing is i like my music loud very load but i want to keep the quality spot on this is the reason i want to have 2 sets of comp's. i want a perfect sound but loud!!

nerver heard of anyone or seen anyone doing this....
TOMAS

16th May 03 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically with Sound Quality you want the minimum amount of drivers creating the same frequency but enough to give the Stereo effect. If you used two components then they would need to be EXACTLY the same components and mounted very close together.

DO NOT Mount the tweeters in way different locations as this will cause multi-point sourcing and make it sound not good. It depends what you want really. You can fit youre two sets, they will be very loud, you will be able to get them very 'clear' but youre soundstage would probably be screwed, but i'd say its very hard to 'create' a soundstage when you cant hear yourself think and youre ears are ringing in pain from the tweets.

Have you not thaught about buying a top notch quality set and SERIOUSLY amping them? My infinity referance components have 100wrms flowing through them with no rear-fill and i wouldnt want anymore noise upfront.

With regards running two sets of tweets i have heard of people in SQ using one set in the kick panels (usual recomended place in SQ) at regular full power and then fitting a set in the sails (A-Pillars) that are attenuated. This can have the effect of lifting and widening the stage.

I wouldnt normally recomend two sets of components to anyone but if you want REAL noise then in this case I would... have you considered a 3-way setup with Tweeter, mid-range driver and then mid-bass driver in the doors. I imagine it would be slightly louder than just a set of 2-way comps and it would be very high quality if set-up correctly.
DIGGIDY

16th May 03 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

all very valid points... have thought about getting a 3 way comp kit... but not to sure which ones to get...

i'm looking for a min 150 wrms per channel !! eak!

but don't know what to get... not worried to much about the price so long as it's not stupid money... you seem to be pretty clued up with all this got any recomendations??

i've looked at the audiobahn ones and they seem pretty dam good... but everyone has differing opionions...

must be very good SQ with loads of RMS so i can really crank it up and have it fill my head with music not just the space i'm sitting in... would have to sound something like having a pair of £200 headphone on with wicked SQ, playing real loud but not hurting...

New Poll