corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Office for Mac

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Office for Mac
Norcy91

User status: Offline
16th Oct 16 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, I recently updated Office 2011 on my MacBook to Office 2016, but it isn't activated and won't let me activate it?
I tried to uninstall and reinstall Office 2011 but now that won't work and is wanting a product key, which I no longer have.
Anyone had a similar issue, or know a way around it? Trying to stay away from having to spend £80 or whatever it is for the software when yeaterday I had fully functioning Office!
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

16th Oct 16 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A office 2011 license does not entitle you to a upgrade to newer versions unless you have something like Software Assurance (SA) when you buy it, this is typically something done at businesses.

Its not like OSX when you buy the computer and you get free upgrades to the OS.
DaveyLC

18th Oct 16 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry Apple upgrade logic doesn't not apply to Microsoft Products
Dom

30th Oct 16 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Norcy91
....which I no longer have.

If you don't have a key then there's only a few options - either purchase it, rent it (via Office 365) or "grab" it.

Either way, i'd stay with 2011 as while Office Mac 2016 looks a lot better, there's a bucket load of functions and features that are missing compared to the Windows variant.

P.s - Time machine backups are incredibly useful for times like this, so is making a note of your product key/keeping it safe

[Edited on 30-10-2016 by Dom]

New Poll