corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » HDMI ARC help - Lg Tv & Pioneer AVR - Solved

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HDMI ARC help - Lg Tv & Pioneer AVR - Solved
Jambo

User status: Offline
1st Apr 16 at 12:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have moved house and lost my optical cable, so I planned to use the TV's HDMI ARC feature to just send sound back down the cable through my AV reciever.

However I just cannot get the bastard thing to work.

TV: LG-LB650v
AVR: Pioneer VSX-924

TV sound is set to external/ARC. AV receiver is set to ARC...

No sound.

This is specifically from the LG OS web tv stuff, so like Netflix/Now TV etc.

Obviously when playing Xbox or a Bluray through an external player sound is as expected, it is just missing from the TV

Anyone got any ideas? Worth trying a different cable? This one is a fair few years old!

[Edited on 06-04-2016 by Jambo]
kz

1st Apr 16 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm away at the moment but I'll post up my set up when I get home... can't remember it all now but do know it took a while to get it sorted! As it is, if I have my PS4 turned on, I lose TV signal!? Very weird.
pow
Premium Member

3rd Apr 16 at 08:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's only one hdmi socket on my LG TV that supports hdmi arc, have you got your avr plugged into that?
Jambo

3rd Apr 16 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Indeed Pow. There is also only one output on my AVR that supports it. Both plugged in correctly. I can't fathom why it won't work
Jambo

6th Apr 16 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Solved!

Quite by accident as well. I noticed that the little speaker symbols were not illuminated on the AVR when playing TV, so it clicked that it's not getting any input sound wise. Sooo that meant it's either the cable or the TV. Swapped cable and no difference, has to be the TV!

Sure enough I fucked around with the settings.... Still no sound. Till I was explaining it to a mate and left the magic remote hovering over the ARC output which was set to ON and a little box popped up. It said I needed to turn SIMPLINK on. So dredged menu and found the option, switched on and BOOM! Sound.

No idea why that affected it but whatever. Solved!

New Poll