corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Remortgage

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Remortgage
Ellis

User status: Offline
4th Jan 16 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who's done it themselves? A family friend handled my last remortgage but it doesn't appear that difficult.

Anyone have any words of wisdom for me? Anything I should pay particular attention to or watch out for?

I'm hovering around the 60% LTV mark, if not just above. For my situation, the best I've found so far is a 1.59% fixed for 2 years with £0 product fees. There are better rates out there but I prefer not to have a large product fee.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

4th Jan 16 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did mine with Nationwide direct. You are right about the product fees as they can work out to be very expensive if you divide the cost by the term. Nationwide offer a choice and I expect you would be offers decent rates with that LTV.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ellis

5th Jan 16 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any pointers that I might not already know?

I remember last time getting the figure for remaining balance slightly wrong and almost getting myself into a world of pain. Thankfully I'd ticked a box somewhere on the application that instructed Nationwide to take up the slack.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

5th Jan 16 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You mean your current mortgage balance? Call your lender and ask for a redemption figure. That will
Cover the balance and any charges if applicable. Obviously the figure will change slightly by the time you remortgage due to daily interest or another monthly payment coming off etc.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Ellis

6th Jan 16 at 08:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So apparently I can register for internet banking with them and this will let me see the redemption figure. Very useful.

Have been reading more over the past few days and the process seems fairly straight forward. Found a product with a free valuation and no fees
Graeme
Premium Member

6th Jan 16 at 22:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am using the same lady who sorted my mortgage. She is an independent advisor and doesn't charge as she gets the money from the mortgage provider.

New Poll