corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Fish tanks

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fish tanks
DC90

User status: Offline
18th Mar 15 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, I decided to buy a 110L fish tank for my daughter. She's a massive fan of animals and fish so I thought why not?! Throw some water in, treat it, throw a few fish in and it'll look alright. Apparently that isn't the way to do it and since Sunday ive learnt about the nitrogen cycle and so on.

i assume there must be some fish tank people on here?! What's your setup and how did you get on with the cycle? I'm going to use tetra safestart and 4 guppies today.
3CorsaMeal

18th Mar 15 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had three at once point. Got rid of them all a few years back and every month since i get a urge to buy one again. Doesn't help that an aquarium shop opened up next to the office.

The most robust fish i had was a convict cichlid. Lasted years even in a filthy tank.

Its one of them hobbies you can spend loads of money and get really into all the technical stuff.

I know it sounds a bit obvious but buying a book really helps.

tom130691
Premium Member

18th Mar 15 at 12:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ran tropical tanks for a few years,

last 6 months I have set up a small marine tank, to see how it goes then I have my eye on a 100 gallon tank
Brett
Premium Member

18th Mar 15 at 12:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I kept tropical fish, never once used one of those water supplement things.
Blade_sri

18th Mar 15 at 13:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cichlids eat other fish I think! That's if it's the black and white one I'm thinking of!

I had them also, lasted a while

Just got a 2ft tank jut for cold water fish. I'm doing the stand now
--ToM--

18th Mar 15 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I keep tropical fish if it's s brand new tank you'll want to keep it going for s few weeks before putting any fish in but put fish like guppies and tetras in as there "hardy" so the water and nitrates etc don't need to be as bang on for these as it does for others, if you take a sample into your local fish shop they'll test it for you or buy s kit yourself and do it, iv got a few clown loaches which don't have scales so the water has to be good for them or it's like throwing them in s tank of acid lol it'll take a while to build It up too as you can't just buy loads of fish and throw em in have to do it weekly so the nitrogen cycle can adjust to having more fish etc
Cavey

18th Mar 15 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lots in house day matey, post a topic in there and you'll get the related threads, lots of info in them
drunkenfool

13th May 15 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here's mine;

If you want any advice about tropical marine, let me know :-)

New Poll