corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » good quality block paving?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author good quality block paving?
Ben G

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 14 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, 95% done on the digging of the front and almost ready to start buying materials.

I believe places like b&q (the big diy chains) are expensive for this stuff, so wheres best to buy from?

Also, there seems to be so many different brands of blocks out there. I want a charcoal drive, something similar to below. Not necessarily those exact shape blocks, just the colour.

Travis perkins appears to sell them individually. Would rather buy a pack which tells you how many Sq metres it covers.

[Edited on 02-07-2014 by Ben G]
Gary
Premium Member

2nd Jul 14 at 20:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Local builders merchants?

You laying it yourself?
ChazSXi

2nd Jul 14 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ours were covers blocks

deano87

3rd Jul 14 at 05:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mrs works for Marshalls. One of the most famous. You have Bradstone and Brett too.

Marshalls have an authorised installer register who will buy and fit.

A proper buildere merchants will be you friend for this i.e. Travis Perkins or Buildbase.
pow
Premium Member

3rd Jul 14 at 06:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TP would be where I would start. It does mean that you need to pick up the phone/speak to someone Ben
Ben G

3rd Jul 14 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know pow, thats the hard part if i tell them how big the area is, I imagine they'd be able to tell me approximately how many bricks I need?

I think my dad is doing it for me, as usual! I've done the hard bit (the digging) so just gonna ask him to lay the stuff down. He done his own driveway years ago and it still looks great today.
RichR
Premium Member

3rd Jul 14 at 08:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most of the sites have a block paving or flag calculator. I'm not sure they'll split a pack for you though so you'll almost certainly end up having to buy far more than you need.
RichR
Premium Member

3rd Jul 14 at 08:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=block+paving+calculator
pow
Premium Member

3rd Jul 14 at 10:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
I know pow, thats the hard part if i tell them how big the area is, I imagine they'd be able to tell me approximately how many bricks I need?

I think my dad is doing it for me, as usual! I've done the hard bit (the digging) so just gonna ask him to lay the stuff down. He done his own driveway years ago and it still looks great today.

Get a scruffies on, mess ya Essex boy hair up and get yaself down TP. Say mate and tits alot and they'll help you
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

3rd Jul 14 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Travis Perkins are rip off merchants. Best of finding the sytle you like then shopping around. even online for them
pow
Premium Member

4th Jul 14 at 08:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are if you pay list price for everything
RichR
Premium Member

4th Jul 14 at 10:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They also are if you get trade discount; I have to be beyond desperate to buy any plastering gear off them - B&Q and Wickes are usually cheaper with no trade discount.
Ben G

4th Jul 14 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paving calculator predicts i'll need 750 blocks for 12'x13'. Seems a lot really for a small area.

Maybe that includes bricks that will require cutting?
Dave

4th Jul 14 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not that hard to work out unless you are using different sized blocks. You should add about 5% on for waste/cuts though.

New Poll