corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Kangarooing Corsa B

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Kangarooing Corsa B
RichRS

User status: Offline
16th Apr 14 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi everyone. I'm new here. Just wondered if anyone had any ideas that might help my problem. It would be greatly appreciated.

The car is a x14xe corsa sport. Firstly let me say the EGR is blanked off! I have also fitted a power box.

The kangarooing has be driving me insane. So much so that I bought a new car! But, I want to go back to the corsa as I can't afford the petrol on my new one.
I have changed, plugs, leads, coil pack, coolant temp., intake temp., lambda. And MAP sensor. The map sensor in an interesting one which I'll come back to!

So, the car starts and runs fine on cold start. When the car comes off cold start it starts happening and gets worse the hotter the car gets. Sitting in traffic on a hill for example makes you want to die. You have to rev it right up and then ride the clutch to stop it from stalling. And then when you do get away you're kangarooing down the road in 1st and 2nd. It's perfectly fine on the motorway.

This also gets worse the more load or people there are in the car. It's completely fine reving at a standstill.

I've got NO management lights up.

Back to the MAP sensor. When I unplugged the map sensor, obviously I get a light up and it runs a bit weird but when the ecu isn't running off the map it doesn't kangaroo.
I bought another map sensor, albeit second hand as I got fed up throwing money at it. This cured it for a couple of days then the kangarooing came back!!!

Could it be down to the map sensor or something else the map sensor is reading and learning from.

Ideas on a postcard.

Thanks

Rich
Generation

16th Apr 14 at 17:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you checked vacuum hoses going into map sensor?

How do you know new one wasn't faulty, although they very rarely go wrong
RichRS

16th Apr 14 at 18:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi, yeah I have, they're all new silicone ones. Could be, strange how it worked at first though.

Thanks
Rich.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

16th Apr 14 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will be the map sensor. Check the wiring and the condition of the plug itself.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
stetz99

16th Apr 14 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Map sensor or the likes of an IACV or Air flow meter... Can't understand why you spent so much buying all new sensors rather than fixing the problem, crazy...
RichRS

17th Apr 14 at 07:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not that crazy! It's drove me crazy! The map sensor was the last thing I tried.
The x14xe doesn't have an air flow meter.
At first I thought it would be a temperature issue as it only happens when warm. Obvious choice, coolant temp first, then intake temp, then as it's only used when warm, the lambda.
boomtings1

21st Apr 14 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine started doing it shortly after i bought the car. It had a recent timing belt when i got it. It turned out it had a faulty timing belt tensioner. I got the timing belt covers off and started it up, got someone to rev it up and the needle on the tensioner backed right off. The needle hardly moved with the new tensioner on.
3CorsaMeal

22nd Apr 14 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My old x14xe corsa did the same thing and was the cambelt tensioner, had only been fitted a week.
RichRS

22nd Apr 14 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worth a look. Thanks.
RichRS

27th May 14 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought I'd report back as it's fixed now. I found a corsa sport at the breakers so I cut off the MAP sensor plug and some loom with it. Spliced it in to my loom and hey presto. Must have been where the wiring was a bit over stretched from the inlet change.
Thanks for the suggestions.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

27th May 14 at 14:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad you got it sorted. Map sensor faults are a pain in the arse on those!

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold

New Poll