corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » ///MX5

New Poll
  <<  9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ///MX5
nibnob21
Premium Member

User status: Offline
10th May 16 at 17:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All undersealing done on the arches and chassis rails. Next big job is painting the suspension bits with Epoxy Mastic. Not sure when that'll be as I've got other things on for the next few weekends.

Here's a crap picture of not a lot.

Decided to clean up the centre console and tombstone. Used some Autosmart G101 all purpose cleaner then finished with some 303 Aerospace Protectant. Before:

After:

MX5 Project Thread
Ricky352

11th May 16 at 08:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some difference on the plastics!
nibnob21
Premium Member

24th May 16 at 18:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Getting there.

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

28th May 16 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit more painting done. One coat to go.

Gave the new drop links, track rod ends and lower ball joints a coat too.

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

2nd Jun 16 at 21:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All painting finished Story of the wishbones:

Front upper ball joints regreased and boots replaced:

New bushes to go in next.

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

11th Jun 16 at 19:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started on the bushes today.

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

23rd Jun 16 at 19:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bench grinder and wire wheel arrived last week.

Other cars have been demanding my attention this week but I should get some time on the MX5 this weekend.

Here's just a couple of minute's work on one of the alignment bolts:

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

26th Jun 16 at 19:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More cleaning of the bolts.

Then finally set about reassembly I'd got enough bolts cleaned so I could put one corner back together.

Also popped the new track rod ends on. Old ones were just a wee bit buggered.

MX5 Project Thread
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

26th Jun 16 at 21:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good work Robin, looks like you're coming along well.

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Jun 16 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will be doing similar on my car in the winter, some great results here - motivating to view

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
nibnob21
Premium Member

3rd Jul 16 at 19:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plenty done this weekend!

Rear anti roll bar on. The polybushes were the wrong size so they were sent back for a refund. Need to source some others as I've had to put the old stock ones back on for the time being.

Front end getting built up:

Slapped on some underseal over the ball joint short bolt before putting the strut in:

One other little thing was getting the battery tray and gubbins back in place:

Also got the airbox, front upper strut brace and coolant back in.

This week I'll aim to get the front hubs on and the brakes ready for bleeding. Edging closer now

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

6th Jul 16 at 20:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ordered a few more little bits a couple of evenings ago - oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, some new rubber fuel hose, spring washers for the front shock absorber lower bolts and a front lower chassis brace.

Put the covers and carpet back in the boot yesterday - carpet could do with a hoover. Didn't realise the coilovers would prevent the spare wheel going in properly so I've had to put the retaining bolt through one of the wheel bolt holes instead. Takes up a tiny bit more boot room but nothing significant.

New spring washers arrived today so got them fitted on the front shocks. There was one missing when I removed the old shocks!

Also received the front lower chassis brace today.

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

10th Jul 16 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Several more things ticked off this weekend.

Had to replace the fuel filter hose again (third time now!).

The outlet on the aftermarket filter I fitted a couple of years ago doesn't bend round like the Mazda one, so the rubber hose is on a sharp bend causing it to crack with age.

Decided to replace the filter too so I don't have to keep changing the hose, it's been a couple of years anyway so a change wouldn't hurt.

Fitted the front lower chassis brace:

Also changed the air filter, cam cover gasket for a Mazda one and for the sake of a quid did the CAS o-ring again while I had it apart.

Got the front hubs back on and started cleaning up the carriers and calipers. Brake bleeding and caliper painting next.

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

23rd Jul 16 at 22:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SuperPro rear arb bushes fitted. These replace the wrong size Polybush ones I was sent (some mk1s came with a 12mm rear arb and some with 11mm).

Steering wheel fitted.

Brakes assembled and fluid replaced too.

Plan to paint the calipers tomorrow.

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

13th Aug 16 at 20:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brakes painted:

Went on holiday so the car has gone a few weeks with no attention. Got on with finishing things off today. All suspension/wishbone bolts torqued up, Dynax S50 sprayed in the chassis rails and wishbones and wheels cleaned. Going to pop the battery in and drop the car on the floor tomorrow

MX5 Project Thread
nibnob21
Premium Member

14th Aug 16 at 17:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car is back on the ground!!!

Final little thing was to fit fan type washer jets. Gives an indication as to just how filthy the car is!

Took it for a 5 minutes spin and I'd forgotten just how fun it is. Need to get the alignment done and give it a very thorough clean.

Calipers look ok despite being more yellow than gold. They don't stand out because of the fat wheel spokes so I'm happy enough with them.

MX5 Project Thread

<<  9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » ///MX5 25 database queries in 0.2048531 seconds