corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » credit score

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author credit score
chloe16v

User status: Offline
22nd Feb 14 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will paying off existing loans higher your credit score? if so how long will it take for the score to rise, say we have 20k in loans and we pay them off, will the credit score rise as we have nothing paying out each month
Russ

22nd Feb 14 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes, pay them off, increase your credit score
also other things you can do
close bank accounts you dont use
register with electoral role
dont get joint credit with somebody with bad credit

and if it's to get a loan, apparently a landline phone number helps, stangley
chloe16v

22nd Feb 14 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its to get a mortgage, im the 1 with bad credit but my fella has every loan in his name and the mortgage will be in his name, but the bank said his soft credit search showed his score was too low but logging into his experian account shows his score is rather high hopefully with everything paid off it will higher his score and show he can afford a mortgage
chloe16v

22nd Feb 14 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

his account shows he has never missed a payment but he has only ever had 1 bank account and never had a credit card
dannymccann

22nd Feb 14 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mortgage affordability is different to a credit score - just because you can afford a mortgage doesn't mean you will get accepted, conversely just because you have a good credit score doesn't mean you can afford a mortgage.

Affordability calcs vary from lender to lender, but single person mortgages will be the least affordable as only 1 wage is responsible for servicing the debt
tom130691
Premium Member

22nd Feb 14 at 23:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above

I was rejected finance on a car 6months ago and Halifax are happy to give me a mortgage as a single applicant
John

23rd Feb 14 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rejected finance on a car is a bit weird. Its secured and they normally have a big list to go down.
Russ

23rd Feb 14 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that ^
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Feb 14 at 17:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you just had a mortgage offer in principal Tom or a formal offer?
tom130691
Premium Member

24th Feb 14 at 19:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by LiVe LeE

technically neither

because im a contractor i have to be in work a year, so as of july 22 or in her words "if you go permanent call me and i can give you one over the phone now ive met you already"

The car situation was due to finishing uni, had full time job 3 weeks, massive overdraft still but all gone now
chloe16v

24th Feb 14 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

loan and store cards have been paid off today so that will take 10 days to record on the credit score and as soon as the car insurers settle up that'll be us debt free just hope it makes a difference
John

24th Feb 14 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
quote:

technically neither

because im a contractor i have to be in work a year, so as of july 22 or in her words "if you go permanent call me and i can give you one over the phone now ive met you already"

The car situation was due to finishing uni, had full time job 3 weeks, massive overdraft still but all gone now

All that means is if you tell her how much you earn permanent, they'll say how much they would potentially give you, if the stars align.
tom130691
Premium Member

25th Feb 14 at 07:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
quote:

technically neither

All that means is if you tell her how much you earn permanent, they'll say how much they would potentially give you, if the stars align.

Ran through all that with her, I know how much I can borrow, what repayments are like with what deposit ect,

the only reason I cant have one now is ive only been here 8months or so. Just a waiting game now.
Robbo

25th Feb 14 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this worries me a tad... if i get redundancy like im pushign for, and go for a hosue ill have 20-25% deposit and a salary (assuming i got a new job ) makign it more than affordable but i havent had any debts for years (no loans, credit cards, buy now pay laters etc) and have moved around a fair bit, wonder if that will screw my credit score
dannymccann

26th Feb 14 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robbo, just get a credit card now and spend everything you normally buy on it and set the DD up to clear it every month, no hassle credit card score. Hell if you go with Santander or Halifax they will pay you to have one

New Poll