corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Plumbers help please, boiler recomendatins

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Plumbers help please, boiler recomendatins
Bullet Proof SRi

User status: Offline
9th Dec 13 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well me and the girlfriend are currently 9 months into our first home refurbishment, originally when we got the place it had an old back boiler in which we were going to keep, however we now plan on building into the loft at some point so losing the tanks would be good and we could also have a bigger bathroom if we lost the cylinder cupboard in there as well.

So it looks like a combi is what we are after but which one

2 bedroom semi detached house, medium size I would say, its a 2 up 2 down but fairly large rooms, 6 rads, down stairs loo bathroom upstairs which will run a bar mixer shower w have bought.

I was told to buy the the boiler myself as it would work out cheaper online, im in a few trades myself and so im sure I can find a friend of a friend to install everything.

was looking at spending 1k on the boiler and to get the installation done for £400 max
AndyKent

9th Dec 13 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worcester Bosch. Widely respected as one of the best.

Ideal apparently aren't bad these days, although some early models have them a bad name.

I'm not a plumber though, surveyor.
deanmcreynolds26

11th Dec 13 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.mrcentralheating.co.uk/baxi-duo-tec-28he-combi-boiler

That's what I'd fit. Brass manifolds and any leaks your likely to have over the years are more likely to be fixed with one visit.

Worcester however- plastic manifolds cracking. Poor access clearances and generally not worth the extra 300quid.

That price above includes flue loop and timer.
I'd fit it in my house if I was replacing just now
mattk

27th Dec 13 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worcesters are utter, utter wank. As Dean said, lots of plastic inside, expensive to buy, expensive to fix and a bastard to fit. Hate them with a passion.

Baxi Duo Tec or a Potterton Titanium if your spending, Main 30 Eco Elite if you want to spend a little less. I have the Main in my house. basically the same, still all brass inside.

Id budget more than £400 for installing it too. A back boiler conversion done properly should be more than that. Cant say for definite how much without seeing it obviously. Unless its a very good mate that can get copper cheap or free, that's a very tight budget.
Bonney

27th Dec 13 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Isn't the baxi and the main the same, just the main is cheaper to buy?
mattk

1st Jan 14 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, couple of differences internally, nothing huge though. I use the Mains all the time. Ive got one in both houses. only ever go for the Baxi if the customer specifies one

New Poll