corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Plumbers?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Plumbers?
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 11 at 22:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How easy hard to change the expansion vessel on a boiler?

Pressure in boiler has been dropping, top it up and by 24hrs pressure has gone! Thought relief valve but tested the vessel and water leaked from valve so suggest its fucked?!

New one online is £55 + delivery, tempted to do it myself, but what would cost be for a plumber to swap it over?

Right at back of boiler, only thing putting me off is having to dismantle 50% of it!

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Jimbothebarbarian

2nd Nov 11 at 23:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to replace it at my last house the week before I moved. I was gutted but only cost me 90 bar all in. Get a quote or two first. sometimes it aint worth getting dirty for..
mattk

3rd Nov 11 at 15:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what kind of boiler is it? most combis I find it easier to take the thing off the wall
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

3rd Nov 11 at 22:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matt - Worcester 28cdi

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
deanmcreynolds26

4th Nov 11 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate i wouldnt bother even trying to change that, gota take out a shit load of sensitive parts to change it and they dont like going back together the same lol

id fit an external exp vessel onto the system,

if the vessel was gubbed ud be most likely getting water out ur pressure relief pipe? is this happening??
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

5th Nov 11 at 08:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah external pipe drips when CH is on, so tried valve on vessel and water come out the tank so obviously that is first problem!

Really don't want an external vessel!

deanmcreynolds26

5th Nov 11 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id try repress the vessel 1st mate, sometimes u can get water out the shrader valve without it actually being burst..

drain the system or have an open end, attach a foot pump with gauge and repress to 1bar, close of drain refill system and run,

might have to replace the pressure valve though if its been dropping pressure constantly mate
dannymccann

8th Nov 11 at 06:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get boiler cover and live with it for a week or so then claim

New Poll