corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Plumbers - Flexihoses

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Plumbers - Flexihoses
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Oct 08 at 23:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

before I go ahead and make something is it possible to buy Flexihose (3/4 BSP tap connectors either end with 13mm (ish) bore) in any length shorter than 300mm.

Ideally I could do with no more than 100mm but closer to 50mm

Otherwise, I was going to use 2 JG Speedfit (3/4" BSP fitting to 15mm pushfit) on either end with a 15mm plastic pipe to span the gap. Would this be okay?

Matt? or any plumbers?

[Edited on 29-10-2008 by LiVe LeE]
mattk

30th Oct 08 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not well up on flexis and speed fit cause I pride myself in doing everything in hard copper

Pushfit I think will be the cheapest and easiest

what is is your doing?
RichR
Premium Member

30th Oct 08 at 17:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The taps and outlet for our new bath are separates and have come with no method of connecting the two. There is a hot and a cold tap with a 3/4BSP male threaded inlet and a 3/4BSP male threaded outlet.

The Outlet pipe (into the bath) has a T piee at the bottom which has a 3/4"BSP Male thread either end.

The problem with using a normal flexihose is that the smallest you seem to be able to get is 300mm and this puts the tap too far away; also if you put any bend into the flexihose (as it only needs to be 13mm bore) it buckles and so would restrict the waterflow.

I've got the stuff on the way, I'll take photos and get you to check them if thats okay?

New Poll