corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Nexus 5

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nexus 5
A2H GO

User status: Offline
29th Nov 13 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

So if you want it to look like it actually should, the Nexus 5 is the better screen.

Agreed about over saturated screens, same with LED TV's and Samsung OLED screen's, people think because it's super bright it and massively over saturated it must be better. To them it might be, they might prefer to look at that than a dulled down screen that has a more accurate colour reproduction.

Lets not get confused by thinking under saturation and washed out colours automatically mean good colour accuracy and black levels though. The iPhone screen post the 4S has always been considered the benchmark for colour reproduction and some reviews are pointing out that the Nexus 5 screen looks washed out and under saturated compared to the iPhone.

Until someone like display mate get their hands on one and carry out professional tests, it's all a matter of opinion.

As a side note, don't take this post as thinking I give a fuck, because I don't.

[Edited on 29-11-2013 by A2H GO]
John

29th Nov 13 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can find a review for almost anything that backs up almost any point I wan't including bad stuff about the fabled iPhone.

I've voted with my feet and have a Nexus 5, so if nothing else, I at least believe what I'm saying.

Nexus 5 is an excellent phone, it has it's downfalls, just a lot less that affect me than the iPhone has.
A2H GO

29th Nov 13 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep, type any opinon into Google and you'll find arguments for and against.

I want to ask you which downfalls you now feel have been removed since ditching the iPhone without sounding like I'm trying to start an argument, is that even possible anymore?

Obviously you saw the iPhones screen size as it's downfall but what else?
John

29th Nov 13 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Screen size/resolution, gmail integration, chrome not being default browser, keyboard too small. Although I don't use it often, was streaming a 1080p film to it over wifi last night, can't do that with iPhone (unless you do the million things that are required for it to work).

I also just like Android better than iOS.
A2H GO

29th Nov 13 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough, obviously much better suited to your particular needs than an iPhone ever would be.

In contrast, none of the things you mention would be of benefit to me, infact I'd see a couple of them as a hinderance.
Rich H

3rd Dec 13 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't sit & read the whole thread, but my S3 is just starting to play up after 13 months. On a SIM only contract so looking to buy another handset outright again.

S4 doesn't seem hugely different to S3 but is a possibility, but also very tempted by the Nexus - is it worth it?!
Cavey

3rd Dec 13 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes. Less than half the price of the S4 for essentially the same phone. No brainer really
Rich H

3rd Dec 13 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers, was pretty much what I suspected!
pow
Premium Member

4th Dec 13 at 10:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check out the Motorola G as well, great phone for half the price of the Nexus

<<  3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll