corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » engine swap/upgrade to 1.6

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engine swap/upgrade to 1.6
fattaff

User status: Offline
26th Feb 13 at 03:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi all, im using 97 corsa 1.4 16v as trackday car and i've accuired a 1.6 16v xel recently built with new rings and reground crank from a mk4 astra, stupid question can i just swap them over using all corsa wires and manifolds? will it run ??
and then if i want to use all the extra horsepower 20 or so is it? can i fit a gsi ecu ?? or do they all have immob ?? or do early ones not ? or can my key and transponder unit be linked/written to ecu via laptop with one of these diagnostic guys that are in the yellow pages ??
thanks chris
Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

26th Feb 13 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah should do, change ecu , transponder etc.. dont think transponder can be linked? but with regards to engine it should just be a straight swop
fattaff

27th Feb 13 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought the ecu cud be re programmed to accept different transponder and key as long as u have the little password/number card that u get in leatherwallet/owners book
i dont want to go the hassle of fitting engine and not get it to run properly ??thanks chris
fattaff

27th Feb 13 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry all, just to clarify will a 1.6 engine run with 1.4 ecu /transp/key ?? thanks chris

New Poll