corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 2.0 conversion difficulty

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 2.0 conversion difficulty
dan_almond

User status: Offline
4th Jan 07 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heres the story.

Ive currently got a 1.0 12v which im currently turing it into a gsi replica. The plan is to also drop in a c20xe before PVS.

I have a friend who knows his stuff, but mainly with 205's. Hes had 3 or so engine in his car, so i know he is capable.

Im only worried about the wiring of the redtop in to corsa, as it would be completely different to his as he's running his on carbs, and not an injector system.

How easy is it to connect the wiring, as i want a reliable engine.

Please help ?
Pete B

4th Jan 07 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv put both my engines in my corsa with help for my mate. if you have all of the loom and the ECU and all you have to do is hook up 7 wiers 3 to the starter moter 1 to the ecu (black / yellow) 1 water 1 revs 1fule pump.
if you need any help just u2u me and i,m happy to help
Ben ev

4th Jan 07 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

easy money. ecu has one multi block and about 6 wires wich go up the drives side of the dash and one to the rear for fuel pump. everythings colour coded the same and diagrams are widely availible. then have a few gearbox side , oil press switch etc. can use corsa loom for starter and alternator so piss easy. think there is also ignition live that end.
Wonderboy

4th Jan 07 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Putting a 2 litre engine inplace of a 1l ? Wont that be a huge job ? How much would that cost from a garage ?

I heared it's hard to upgrade 1l engines because of something... which i can't remember I have a 1l, it would be nice to upgrade the engine at some point.

Good luck with it.
Fro

5th Jan 07 at 08:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think its to do something with the fact its a 12v but not completely sure...
BeArDy

5th Jan 07 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben ev
easy money. ecu has one multi block and about 6 wires wich go up the drives side of the dash and one to the rear for fuel pump. everythings colour coded the same and diagrams are widely availible. then have a few gearbox side , oil press switch etc. can use corsa loom for starter and alternator so piss easy. think there is also ignition live that end.

take it you have never fitted one to a 1lt 12v

Can be done just the wiring side is differant on the 1lt 12v as the engine is a non vauxhall and the ECU is in the engine bay, on the side of the engine.....
Rich_J_Williams

5th Jan 07 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.vauxhallsportforum.com/phpBB2/20xe-into-a-corsa-t106.html

this is an excellent link on how to do the whole conversion! also a brill site for technical info!

New Poll