corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » two licencing servers, one cup..err network. (Terminal Services)

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author two licencing servers, one cup..err network. (Terminal Services)
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Sep 12 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Situation!

Got two Win2003 TS servers running fine, one of the TS servers is running the licence server element.

I now need to implement a new win2008 r2 TS server which I believe is not compatible with the 2003 lic server (lic server must be newer or same version).

Question is, am I able to run a win2008 r2 TS lic server in the same network/domain purely to serve the win2008 TS server without causing issues with the 2003 shiz?

I'm finding it hard to google any documents that actually say it will run fine.

thanks for your time
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

25th Sep 12 at 14:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea will be fine. You can point the TS servers at specific license servers.
willay
Premium Member

25th Sep 12 at 14:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

internet truth?
pow
Premium Member

25th Sep 12 at 16:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yus, that should be no problem. VRS would be more qualified to answer this but surely you'd have to change a port number or something?
willay
Premium Member

25th Sep 12 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on different servers so no
pow
Premium Member

25th Sep 12 at 16:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still hate TS
willay
Premium Member

25th Sep 12 at 17:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

25th Sep 12 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Yus, that should be no problem. VRS would be more qualified to answer this but surely you'd have to change a port number or something?

No port numbers would need to be changed they run different OS to enable the licence server and you specify on each TS which licence server it connects too.

2008R2 TS is a great product!
Chris
Premium Member

25th Sep 12 at 20:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should not be a problem, i run both TS on 2003 for admin and 2008 R2 for thin app

New Poll