corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » When would you crack?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author When would you crack?
taylorboosh

User status: Offline
19th Nov 09 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
thats quite scary

yea so for instance when some 1 says my names is bill gates speaking on behalf of microsoft, they dont really work for microsoft but some one like axiom etc
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

19th Nov 09 at 09:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what alot of people need to realise is what makes up their ADSL connection, the majority of the copper and junk in exchanges is owned by BT, its only the actual data network and auethentication servers or shit thats different. Even if you're with BESTOMGISPINTHEWORLD.COM you're likely to be using the copper pairs from BT from your building to the exchange, thus BT or Openreach as its called now are brought in to resolve issues with phone lines.
jrsteeve

19th Nov 09 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
what alot of people need to realise is what makes up their ADSL connection, the majority of the copper and junk in exchanges is owned by BT, its only the actual data network and auethentication servers or shit thats different. Even if you're with BESTOMGISPINTHEWORLD.COM you're likely to be using the copper pairs from BT from your building to the exchange, thus BT or Openreach as its called now are brought in to resolve issues with phone lines.

Yes but we don't all have to call India on an 0845 number to speak to someone and resolve the issue numerous times over.
Dom

19th Nov 09 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

True, but it's the customer services that makes the difference! And in this case it's damn right shit - not only can't the ISP that owns the network provide a service, the customer services are about as useful as a fish with boobs it getting the issue resolved. And to top it off, this is the service you get when you pay a premium for a Business package.
willay
Premium Member

19th Nov 09 at 14:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

jrsteeve - yep agree with that, why I always try to use easynet for my clients, good guys but expensive.

dom - true about the business package but its all about how you deal with the help desk on the other side of the phone, if you dont ask to escerlate and so on you will never get anywhere imo.
Dom

19th Nov 09 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
dom - true about the business package but its all about how you deal with the help desk on the other side of the phone, if you dont ask to escerlate and so on you will never get anywhere imo.

As a Business customer you shouldn't have to keep chasing, you report the problem and it gets sorted ASAP. This certainly was the case when i worked as tech monkey for pipex years ago. All Business and GNet (highest of the lot, rarely had problems with their network though) accounts had top priority and issues were usually sorted within a hours, unless it was an outage/serious and then temporary measures would be put in place to get the customers connection back up. If a problem took longer that a few days to sort then there was all hell to pay from the managers and shit would get serious.
Only issue we ever had was dealing with BT getting lines tested and then i remember hearing the managers screwing at them (heads of the internet side) to get their arses in gear, which did actually do something.
Cosmo

19th Nov 09 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

As a Business customer you shouldn't have to keep chasing

You do!

Ive had nothing but hassle with all but one of our BT accounts in the shops.
Dom

19th Nov 09 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

As a Business customer you shouldn't have to keep chasing

You do!

Yes for BT i've never had issues like this with NTL or Newnet Business services or even Be/Virgin consumer services. Phoned up, said there was a problem, got it sorted ASAP.

Cosmo - as for your VOIP issues, i'm guessing you're trying to get your number ported to your voip provider?

[Edited on 19-11-2009 by Dom]
Cosmo

19th Nov 09 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My ohone calls tend to go me phoning up, telling them the problem, them having no idea how to fix it so pass me to someone else, and again, and again, and again. Until I get back to the first person, probably by total (un)luck, who then says they are putting me through to someone and hangs up.
Sam
Premium Member

19th Nov 09 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
My ohone calls tend to go me phoning up, telling them the problem, them having no idea how to fix it so pass me to someone else, and again, and again, and again. Until I get back to the first person, probably by total (un)luck, who then says they are putting me through to someone and hangs up.

Which country is the call centre based? That may have something to do with it...
Dom

19th Nov 09 at 16:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Then why don't you ask to speak to a manager (im assuming you have already)? Or fire an email off to who ever oversees the VOIP side of things at BT? Or have a look for a number for the local officies that deal with it?

Christ, i would be like a dog with rabies if shit like this ever happened

[Edited on 19-11-2009 by Dom]
Cosmo

19th Nov 09 at 16:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think that has everything to do with it tbh.

To sort the VOIP problem out I finally got put through to some girl who was great, fixed it really quick with what appears to be little hassle on her part. Asked her where abouts in the country she was as sounded local and she was about 5mins down the road
Sam
Premium Member

19th Nov 09 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did she sound fit?
John

19th Nov 09 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My work have a nortel voip system and the phones were randomly dropping their connection.

Took months and a lot of engineers coming out to say that they didn't have a clue before they eventually replaced the BCM so they aren't even interested in business customers sometimes.

Edit to say it's all BT or the post would have been pointless

[Edited on 19-11-2009 by John]
Cosmo

19th Nov 09 at 16:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
Did she sound fit?

No

Helpful though.
davcohen

19th Nov 09 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

saynoto0870.com
willay
Premium Member

20th Nov 09 at 07:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

As a Business customer you shouldn't have to keep chasing.

Doesnt matter who it is, how good the support is, 9 times out of 10 my client needs exceed their effort levels when it comes to resolving issues so we must chase them.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll