corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Crack in the windscreen

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Crack in the windscreen
Batmanman

User status: Offline
16th Jan 09 at 01:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ay Op!

As i was driving earlier i noticed a crack in my widscreen, it's about 6 inch's long, and i have no idea at all how it got there. I expect from the brutal G-Force created by my 1.2 8v

Anyway, does anyone know what the best way to sort out a crack in the windscreen is? i know the AA do something with a Gel for chip's, i heard it is free most the time, but i dunno if they will do it for a 6 inch crack.

Any help would be genious.

cheers in advance.
Hamish

16th Jan 09 at 01:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

more than likely it will be a new windscreen
Ben G

16th Jan 09 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fully comp?

pay the windscreen excess and get a new windscreen via insurance company. don't lose NCB.
Batmanman

16th Jan 09 at 01:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea, it's fully comp. With direct line, i have a couple of undeclaired things on my car, dont really wanna get bummed by the insurance company. recon it's worth whippin' the part's off first?
Graham88

16th Jan 09 at 01:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah they don't even check mate, it's only the windscreen company who see the car.

I had mine changed within a day of informing insurance. Just pay the £70 once it's done, job done.
Batmanman

16th Jan 09 at 01:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mental, cheers People.
deano87

16th Jan 09 at 11:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just one thing to consider. If the car is 'heavily' modified and noticeable (and you're clearly worried about it) you may as well not have insurance.

But as said, it's only the windscreen company that see your car. They won't really care. Although the company did check mine before and after. Think it was to prove they didn't damage it.
Simon_16v

16th Jan 09 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I paid my £70 excess and got a new windscreen, even managed to get a tint across the top like gsi's

It was directline that did my windscreen and they guy was not bothered about it being lowered, exhaust etc
Batmanman

16th Jan 09 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah, it's not heavily at all, is just a straight through exhaust system, as long as i dont turn the car on it should be alright

Cheers peeps.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Crack in the windscreen 23 database queries in 0.0073979 seconds