corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » When would you crack?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author When would you crack?
Whittie

User status: Offline
15th Nov 09 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DSL Link: Connected
Internet: Not connected

Without any exaggeration my broadband has gone down around 15 times since I got it less than 2 months ago.

I've had broadband around 2 months now. Realistically had it on for around 10 days of these 60!

All they've done is feed me bullshit, saying there is a problem with the line and it'll be resolved within 24 hours.

It's Bt Buisiness broadband Option 3 ( http://tinyurl.com/q3q43e )

Their helpline is an 0845 number, I'm not looking forward to the phone bill, definately 8 hours+ on the phone to them!

To top it off a few weeks ago, they sent me a bill for broadband and set up? Even though I set it up

They're fucking useless and i'm completely fed up with it all. My neighbour has kindly given me his wireless key in exchange for a few beers so i'm not without internet completely, but that's not the point.

What would you guys do in my shoes???
Whittie

15th Nov 09 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They just hung up on me
strick206

15th Nov 09 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I refuse to get broadband with bt

I spent 2 weeks on the phone shouting at people until they let me out of my contract 8months early because it was useless and not fit for purpose

You spend half your life speaking to fuckign indians (screenshot all you want) who are useless and a waste of oxygen, for nothing at all
noshua

15th Nov 09 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BT are utter shit. My granddad has worked for them for years and does not recommend them.

Are there no other business lines you can take out?
Bart

15th Nov 09 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where is your router plugged into?
I would personally move away from BT, they're too big and lost touch with great customer service.

Take a look at Plusnet Business package, im on package 3.
dannymccann

15th Nov 09 at 20:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alex, we did tell you not to.

(I know you had to, which is the worst part )
John

15th Nov 09 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why did he have to go with BT?
Whittie

15th Nov 09 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by strick206
I refuse to get broadband with bt

I spent 2 weeks on the phone shouting at people until they let me out of my contract 8months early because it was useless and not fit for purpose

You spend half your life speaking to fuckign indians (screenshot all you want) who are useless and a waste of oxygen, for nothing at all

I've had enough of the wankers on the phone, get absolutely nowhere with them at all! Apart from an unresolved issue....

quote:
Originally posted by noshua
BT are utter shit. My granddad has worked for them for years and does not recommend them.

Are there no other business lines you can take out?

I don't know, possibly look into it. Its just that its now in a contract, which I can't get out of unless I pay off for 3 / 5 years.

quote:
Originally posted by Bart
I would personally move away from BT, they're too big and lost touch with great customer service.

BT was voted worst customer service according the the gadget show!!! It clearly shows, its a load of crap.

quote:
Originally posted by dannymccann
Alex, we did tell you not to.

(I know you had to, which is the worst part )

Can't do anything mate, they're providing a service.... a free router. That's all i've had from them tbf!
dannymccann

15th Nov 09 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

John - something about the line in the property having a huge bill from an ex customer for Sky so now only BT is feasible, cant remember really
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

17th Nov 09 at 06:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Whittie

Need more information on your issue, has BT found an issue? if so what is it? You have business broadband so theres a good escerlation path for you IMO.

If its a certain fault that keeps repearing, I'd keep the original fault open and as for it to go up to a higher level tech, there are good people behind the BT broadband service because I've spoken to them on behalf of traders, the only reason I did speak to them was because the traders really did their nut at them.

Post more information and lets see what we can do for you
willay
Premium Member

18th Nov 09 at 06:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt whittie?
DaveyLC

18th Nov 09 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the business broadband not have an SLA?
taylorboosh

18th Nov 09 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bart

plusnet is a cheaper bt subsidurary lol
willay
Premium Member

18th Nov 09 at 10:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

different infrastructure then BT though to a point, plus PlusNet built up a big business before BT bought them
taylorboosh

18th Nov 09 at 10:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

true true, but we sell em both in the call centre where i work along with vision, pstn, edf energy and rbs..... i dont know if customer service works the same? hired to fifferent call centres?
willay
Premium Member

18th Nov 09 at 10:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats quite scary
Whittie

18th Nov 09 at 11:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
quote:
Originally posted by Whittie

Need more information on your issue, has BT found an issue? if so what is it? You have business broadband so theres a good escerlation path for you IMO.

If its a certain fault that keeps repearing, I'd keep the original fault open and as for it to go up to a higher level tech, there are good people behind the BT broadband service because I've spoken to them on behalf of traders, the only reason I did speak to them was because the traders really did their nut at them.

Post more information and lets see what we can do for you

Will

BT found an issue on the line, which they said they had resolved and this was the reoccuring problem. Broadband has been working fully for around 3 days now (Longest I've had it in the last two months!).

Phoned up their helpline again, all they did this time was get me to change the login password (to a completely new one). I have no idea how this has made the broadband come back on if the original issue was with the line.

Even that the broadband is still up and running, I still get Massive lag spikes, to the point where a webpage times out, I get "Limited or No Connectivity" and then within 5 seconds its connected again.

There's obviously something really wrong with the line, the router is plugged into the main phone point, filters are on etc. Tried their 2wire router, and also my own Dlink, and it's no different. (This was handy to know when they tried to fob me off with another new router).

Anyway, thats pretty much the issue, randomly goes off and on, can last up to 5 days.
willay
Premium Member

18th Nov 09 at 11:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what sort of speeds do you sync at? do you have any data on the line signal ratio and stuff on the router?
Cosmo

18th Nov 09 at 11:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BT are fucking useless, Ive been hung up on about 15 times when trying to sort out various problems with the shops. And they tend to know less than you do when you try to get a problem sorted out (ive been trying to get a normal phone number we have ported to our VOIP line, and have been passed around to about 30 people now as not one has a clue of either what that means or if they do they dont know how to do it).
Dom

18th Nov 09 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does it lag at certain times of the day? Might be worth doing speedtests (thinkbroadband.com over speedtest.net) at different times as it could be a problem with over subscribing at the exchange.
However, you're on a business package, this is unacceptable. I would be on the phone asking to cancel the contract (thats if you can move to a different ISP) as they haven't supplied a working connection or wanting money back for the downtime.

Is anyone with BT in your block? Do they have problems?
Whittie

18th Nov 09 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
what sort of speeds do you sync at? do you have any data on the line signal ratio and stuff on the router?

I've done a few checks, Last night at 3am it was just short of 7mbps, last night at 9pm, it was 3mbps, this morning around 9am, it was 2mbps, and 5 mins ago it was 4mbps.

There's nothing on the router at all.

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
BT are fucking useless, Ive been hung up on about 15 times when trying to sort out various problems with the shops. And they tend to know less than you do when you try to get a problem sorted out (ive been trying to get a normal phone number we have ported to our VOIP line, and have been passed around to about 30 people now as not one has a clue of either what that means or if they do they dont know how to do it).

A friend who runs a pub has just converted over to VOIP and had nothing but trouble on the original set up!

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
Does it lag at certain times of the day? Might be worth doing speedtests (thinkbroadband.com over speedtest.net) at different times as it could be a problem with over subscribing at the exchange.
However, you're on a business package, this is unacceptable. I would be on the phone asking to cancel the contract (thats if you can move to a different ISP) as they haven't supplied a working connection or wanting money back for the downtime.

Is anyone with BT in your block? Do they have problems?

If you have a look at willay's reply ^, you'll see the speeds i've been getting. It's not TOO bad to be fair, but obvious when more people are on the net, the speed is really suffering.

The only thing with cancellation of the contract now is that... well i'm in a contract. So I won't be able to leave them as simple as that. Regardless of the service not working properly, they'll just send me a copy of the contract via email, obviously I have rights as the service they're providing wasn't agreed. (Amount of time per month the broadband works!)

As for money back for the downtime, I shall be certainly not paying for the last 2 months of servive. They've sent me a warning to say I need to pay it. I've phoned them and explained and now they're "looking into it".

[Edited on 18-11-2009 by Whittie]
Dom

18th Nov 09 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No you will be able to get out of the contract as they are suppose to be supplying you a service which you are not receiving. Yes you have to allow a period of time for problems with their network and no isp can guarantee a 100% uptime. However, a 16/17% uptime is not acceptable; it wouldn't be on a consumer service let alone a business service.

If you can change to a different ISP then i would head straight down the cancel contract route. If you want to be nice, then give them a few days/week to sort the problems out and provide you with the service you're paying for, otherwise get out. If they say you'll have to pay the remainder to cancel, tell them to naff off. Any issues, take legal actions.

I would take this as far as possible! Remember you're paying for a Business service, not a consumer/household service!

Have a look on the thinkbroadband forums and post up your issues, someone will be able to help you out. I would also hunt down the email address of head of internet services at BT (have see the email addy around a few times) and send a polite email stating your issues and problems, how you've have been fobbed off and how unhelpful they are being at rectifying the issue considering you're paying a premium for a business package.
Have heard of a load of people doing this and within a few hours they had a phone call to say it would get looked into and it was fixed within a few days and a reduction on the bill.

edit - also, everytime you phone BT you need to be getting names, dates and time, and what they said they'll do. Plus you want to be speaking to managers, not the monkeys.

[Edited on 18-11-2009 by Dom]
Tomnova16
Premium Member

18th Nov 09 at 15:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had this problem at my office they sent out four different guys and none of them knew the others had been, they all checked the lines junction boxes but the last guy realised there was an old fuse in the junction box which is a known fault for tripping out a internet connection, retards

http://www.lemass.co.uk/ for all your automotive/bodyshop needs
Located in Chalfont st Peter
jrsteeve

18th Nov 09 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so glad i don't use BT for my broadband, although I do for the phone line. Get a call once a month from the trying to push it yet they still have higher prices than anyone else!

I'm with o2, pay just over £7 a month for 8MB and the only slight issue i've had is that it was done for around a week when i moved house although i just used my mobile (with free o2 tinterweb) as the modem till then.

Surely they're in breach of contract, and with business line they're meant to offer much higher service levels to keep you up and running?
Daveskater
Premium Member

18th Nov 09 at 22:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A mate with a PC Repair business has had many dealings with BT on the phone, he said this about if you're having problems:

"If you get any grief with Bangalore Bertie or Mumbai Maggie, tell then you cannot understand them and want to speak to someone in the UK - and if that does not work, tell then you are not satisfied and want the complaint raised to Status One. Usually works with all of them."

Hopefully then you can get someone who can help.

Numberwang!

Originally posted by AlunJ
I like you Dave, you are a man of men

Originally Whatapp'd by Neo
Dave's maybe capable of a drive-by cuddle

Look at my pictures

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll