corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » (Yet another) Drive Imaging thread

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author (Yet another) Drive Imaging thread
oceansoul

User status: Offline
17th Feb 11 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to image a few drives for back ups. I have Norton Ghost (no choice about that as its my companys choice). Ghost is on a bootable CD but i cant see my USB HDD. I'm guessing the BIOS doesnt have support USB HDD what options do i have?

I was wondering, could i partition the C: drive, Then Image the origional bit of C: to the new partition. Then in windows copy the image from the new partition to my USB HDD?
Neo

User status: Offline
17th Feb 11 at 12:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So are you saying create 2 partitions on your HDD (So C: and D: )

Image C to D, and then copy from D to your USB HDD.

If so, then yes. However be aware you'll need to use partition magic or similar asyou will end up having a smaller C: drive everytime you fire that image at a pc.

New Poll