corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » GEAR SHIZZLE HELP PLEASE :D

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author GEAR SHIZZLE HELP PLEASE :D
Christopher

User status: Offline
7th Feb 11 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Basically im having to ram my gears in and every single time i put it into reverse it makes a loud crunch even when im not moving!
Is it gear selector going, clutch, gearbox,?? HELP!!!
Matty W

7th Feb 11 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try adjusting your clutch cable. Will it slide into gear when the engine is off?
Christopher

7th Feb 11 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer finee!
Matty W

7th Feb 11 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clutch cable has probably stretched and it'll still be dragging the clutch when you've got the pedal fully pressed. Try adjusting it at the fork on top of the box, don't go too far, just a few threads, see if it makes a difference
Christopher

7th Feb 11 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dunno if corsa b's are adjustable are they?? I do vehicle body repair and am a complete retard when it comes to mechanics btw! Pictures are helpful
Matty W

7th Feb 11 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure how to upload photos from my mobile in html format but I can link you to a previous image posted on corsasport
http://www.corsasport.co.uk/carimages/7751/clutchoff1.jpg
There's a small plastic block on the cable resting against a pivoting arm. If you screw this up towards the cable about 2 or 3 threads, then try selecting gear. If not, try a bit further
jibjob

7th Feb 11 at 16:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you look below the battery tray, on the gearbox there will be like a piece of metal about 10cm long and 1cm thick thats attached to the gearbox at one end and the other end has 2 "fingers" that the cable is attached to. You will see the cable going backwards towards the bulkhead. Just unclip it from the fingers by pulling the cable towards the front of the car and then moving it to the right. There will be a little block on the cable that was holding it into the "fingers", take that block and turn it whilst holding the cable so the block moves down the cable towards the bulkhead. Then clip it back in and it should be better.
Christopher

7th Feb 11 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheeerss guys will have a look later

New Poll