corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » HTC Wildfire

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HTC Wildfire
Aaron

User status: Offline
5th Feb 11 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
It's factually crap compared to a large proportion of smart phones out just now, if you put it next to something like a desire, especially when it can be had for 60 or 70 quid more, it's terrible.

Nah, i dont agree. Send your old dot for an eye test IMO. I can read the screen fine, nice and sharp for me.
pow
Premium Member

5th Feb 11 at 18:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by pow
Quick bump, I might fuck the Nexus S off for one of these as I hate it... can someone tell me where the cheapest place to get one is?

£100-150 off eBay. Then stick a Tesco/GiffGaff sim in it.

Surprised you don't like the Nexus S though, how come?

It's a pile of fucking shite, battery runs out quick and thats with the same amount of stuff as the Hero used to have on. Can't move emails in the Mail (Exchange) app into folders, keyboard is a pile of wank on it, the dialer is shite, the UI is sooo basic (nothing on HTC's Sence), no flashing LED/trackball telling you you have a new message/missed call/email etc. I could go on, if O2 don't take it back it's going up for sale.

Went into Cheltenham with my sister today and had a go on one. The screen isn't perfect but it's snappy and for the price you can't complain. I want a white one

Gunna get one from the bay to give it a go

[Edited on 05-02-2011 by pow]
Sam
Premium Member

5th Feb 11 at 19:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Nexus S is made by Samsung - their phones are normally OK I thought?
Dom

5th Feb 11 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by pow
Quick bump, I might fuck the Nexus S off for one of these as I hate it... can someone tell me where the cheapest place to get one is?

£100-150 off eBay. Then stick a Tesco/GiffGaff sim in it.

Surprised you don't like the Nexus S though, how come?

It's a pile of fucking shite, battery runs out quick and thats with the same amount of stuff as the Hero used to have on. Can't move emails in the Mail (Exchange) app into folders, keyboard is a pile of wank on it, the dialer is shite, the UI is sooo basic (nothing on HTC's Sence), no flashing LED/trackball telling you you have a new message/missed call/email etc. I could go on, if O2 don't take it back it's going up for sale.

Went into Cheltenham with my sister today and had a go on one. The screen isn't perfect but it's snappy and for the price you can't complain. I want a white one

Gunna get one from the bay to give it a go

[Edited on 05-02-2011 by pow]

So nothing wrong with the actual phone apart from the battery, it's comparable to the Desire tbh, it's the fact that you don't like vanilla Android
All of the HTC Sense stuff, christ its shite, can be added. Likewise you can change keyboard app, ie: TouchPal. As for email look for K9Mail, good app although I’m not sure exchange. Dialler can be changed, same as the launcher ie: LauncherPro/Zeam.
There's also a fair few ROMs for the Nexus S.

Personally i think it's a bit of a backwards step going to the Wildfire consiering the only thing you'll gain is LED notification. Other than that, it's worse in every way

TBH, I’d have a look at the ZTE Blade (Orange San Fran in the UK) - apart from the camera being marginally shitter it's the same spec as the Wildfire except you can pick one up for £90 new (TFT only now, although AMOLED's can be picked up on the bay). And if you want all of that HTC shite then you can add it.

[Edited on 05-02-2011 by Dom]
pow
Premium Member

6th Feb 11 at 10:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also not keen on the size of it and the mailer app is a massive pain in the ass, I work a fair bit on the move so it's nice to beable to file away emails when I've dealth with them!

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll