corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Need a new phone - No iPhone, No HTC, No BB

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Need a new phone - No iPhone, No HTC, No BB
Jakey
Premium Member

User status: Offline
21st Jan 11 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Howdy there.

Looking to get rid of the iPhone 4 as the battery is annoying me and its just becoming a novelty item.

Musts are:

Good battery
Plenty of room for songs 16gb+
Internet access - Facebook, eBay, CS.
None touchscreen of possible.

I'm actually looking at the old SE slide phone which has buttons, good battery and a slot for a good memory card.

Any other recommendations? After selling the iPhone should have about £400 to spend outright on a phone.

Ta.

EDIT: Must have wifi also.

[Edited on 21-01-2011 by Jakey]
fred7

21st Jan 11 at 19:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got a samsung galaxy S, love it, got a really good battery 16gb, the best internet on a phone ive used and also the best touch screen ive used had all sorts aswell. on the top 5 phones of the year aswell
pow
Premium Member

21st Jan 11 at 20:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why no HTC?
Jakey
Premium Member

21st Jan 11 at 20:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My mate had a HD for 3 weeks and got rid because he didn't like it, put me off a bit. I'm just bored of touch screen and the novelty of apps and knowing what the weather is in Hong Kong.

The SE W995 is winning so far.
dannymccann

21st Jan 11 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres a reason HTC, Apple and BB are running away with market share, their phones are great, no chance I would swap my Desire for an SE of any kind.

I know you said no touch and no BB, but the Torch has proper buttons and being a BB its not app-orientated like Apple and HTC
Kurt

21st Jan 11 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WTF Jake, I use mine all day, my battery lasts a couple of days

That's facebook, Internet, texts, YouTube etc
Jakey
Premium Member

21st Jan 11 at 23:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All 3 iPhones i've had (3G, 3GS and 4) have all run dead within 14hours of use (none wifi)

I know I'm fighting a losing battle on this site as most, if not all of the members love there Apples, HTCs or BBs. I'm sick of of worrying whether i've got my charger with me as i know it won't last another day.

I used to abuse my old W800 with 9hours a day of solid music and internet and it would still last 3 days before i needed to find a charger.
Ryan

21st Jan 11 at 23:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why no BB? I love mine and the battery lasts about 2-3 days easy. Thats with browsing, using the odd app and BBM etc.
Jakey
Premium Member

21st Jan 11 at 23:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BB are that thing in my life that makes me angry. All my mates have them and chat shit so much about how good BBM is but yet they all have unlimited free texts :S
AlunJ

22nd Jan 11 at 04:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

battery life is pretty damn good on them though, it'll last at least 2 days with average use on my curve 8520
dannymccann

22nd Jan 11 at 06:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea I would say BB will ne best for battery do not even consider a Desire unless you want to carry a spare battery with you
deano87

22nd Jan 11 at 07:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nokia E72.
Bart

22nd Jan 11 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iphone 5

Ryan

22nd Jan 11 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jakey
BB are that thing in my life that makes me angry. All my mates have them and chat shit so much about how good BBM is but yet they all have unlimited free texts :S

This is true, i also have unlimited texts, but BBM is so much easier and just better.

Before i got mine i was just like you.
Eck
Premium Member

22nd Jan 11 at 11:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
All 3 iPhones i've had (3G, 3GS and 4) have all run dead within 14hours of use (none wifi)

I know I'm fighting a losing battle on this site as most, if not all of the members love there Apples, HTCs or BBs. I'm sick of of worrying whether i've got my charger with me as i know it won't last another day.

I used to abuse my old W800 with 9hours a day of solid music and internet and it would still last 3 days before i needed to find a charger.

Do you not think you should maybe cut down on the internet useage then? Seems a simple enough solution if you want more than 14 hours out of it at a time.
LeeM

22nd Jan 11 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my iphone will last 3 or 4 days if i dont use it, but i do use it a lot during the day so it only lasts the 1. ive got a charger in the car and more often than not if i stay somewhere overnight theres an iphone/pod charger about somewhere
Jambo

22nd Jan 11 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blackberry curve 8520.

Bum is faster than txt and you can send files across like pictures etc for free and again much faster
Tom G

22nd Jan 11 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me, Jambo and jakey on BBM
Jakey
Premium Member

22nd Jan 11 at 14:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't know if I could get a BB as I've slated them from day one.
AlunJ

22nd Jan 11 at 15:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I don't know if I could get a BB as I've slated them from day one.

how can you slate something you've never tried?
Jambo

23rd Jan 11 at 09:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why have you slated them?! Seems odd you would base an opinion on slating something that you have no experience on??
Sam
Premium Member

23rd Jan 11 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had my Nokia 5800 for nearly 2 years and it's not missed a beat.

It is touchscreen, but for a Nokia it actually doesn't crash on a daily basis and the battery lasts days on mine, even though I make/receive several calls and texts on it every day!
Dom

23rd Jan 11 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Bum is faster than txt and you can send files across like pictures etc for free and again much faster

BBM doesn't offer anything over apps like PingChat or Whatsapp. Except these have the added feature of being multi-platform.

I second Dean's call with the E72, solid phones
AlunJ

23rd Jan 11 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
I've had my Nokia 5800 for nearly 2 years and it's not missed a beat.

It is touchscreen, but for a Nokia it actually doesn't crash on a daily basis and the battery lasts days on mine, even though I make/receive several calls and texts on it every day!

I had one of those before my iphone, hated it with a passion, I was a nokia fanboy for years but that phone really put me off having another.

[Edited on 23-01-2011 by AlunJ]
nathy_87

24th Jan 11 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont compare iPhone/HTC & BB there are all different in one way or anoher. I've got a HTC Wildfire (cheaper then the Desire) but still a fantastic phone. Had mine since start of September and had no problems with it all.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll