corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » HTC Talk

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author HTC Talk
WATSON

User status: Offline
14th Jun 10 at 10:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Reading a few threads regards the HTC seems theres a little fight between these and the Iphone, Im looking at getting a new phone in the next few days, Cant pick between the HTC desiger or the HTC legend?

Anyone have the above, whats better out of both?
bubble

14th Jun 10 at 10:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by WATSON
Reading a few threads regards the HTC seems theres a little fight between these and the Iphone, Im looking at getting a new phone in the next few days, Cant pick between the HTC desiger or the HTC legend?

Anyone have the above, whats better out of both?

i use an iphone and desire daily.

desire is faster on the web, and phone runs faster.

iphone is bigger, and screen is slightly more responsive. desire battery is better, essentially is preference.

or wait for samsung galaxy s or the new htc's in a few months
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

14th Jun 10 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cannot comment on the new iphone

but the desire is amazing
WATSON

14th Jun 10 at 11:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

blackberry storm2 anyone used one?

Cant make my mind up tbh
PaulW

14th Jun 10 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubble
desire battery is better

Seriously?? How shit is the iPhone battery then

Yeah, if you don't use the Desire much you can get 2, maybe 3 days of charge, but if you're always on Facebook, syncing with emails every 30 mins or so, browsing the web, etc etc etc, a days use at best!!

Admittedly I have no experience with owning an iPhone (only times I've used it is when I mess about with friends iPhones), and only have a Desire myself (rooted, running a modded kernel to undervolt the CPU for a few extra mins of battery time), but still... 1.5days MAX with the way I use it...

[Edited on 14-06-2010 by PaulW]
bubble

14th Jun 10 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
quote:
Originally posted by bubble
desire battery is better

Seriously?? How shit is the iPhone battery then

Yeah, if you don't use the Desire much you can get 2, maybe 3 days of charge, but if you're always on Facebook, syncing with emails every 30 mins or so, browsing the web, etc etc etc, a days use at best!!

Admittedly I have no experience with owning an iPhone (only times I've used it is when I mess about with friends iPhones), and only have a Desire myself (rooted, running a modded kernel to undervolt the CPU for a few extra mins of battery time), but still... 1.5days MAX with the way I use it...

[Edited on 14-06-2010 by PaulW]

i was getting 2 days when i used it. admittedly only really had facefuck on there. iphone is normally at about 10% by 11pm.

ajscorsa

14th Jun 10 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got the desire on thursday, its easily the best phone ive ever owned, comparing it with my brothers 3gs the iphone is a little user more user friendly but the desire is quicker etc.

Done a speed test whilst it was connected to our wireless and I was getting 6mb download speeds which I thought was good for a phone
oceansoul

14th Jun 10 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have desire.
Its a awesome phone. Although i find the battery a bit of a let down. If i hammer it during the day on the web etc, it will be flat by dinner time. Ots charged everynight though so isnt so bad. It will charge from any USB port, so just carry a usb cable around, i.e. i have one in me car, one at my desk at work so im pretty much sorted.
WATSON

14th Jun 10 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

HTC wildfire? this the new HTC out or something
bubble

14th Jun 10 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
HTC wildfire? this the new HTC out or something

its a poor mans desire tbh
gravesy

15th Jun 10 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
blackberry storm2 anyone used one?

Cant make my mind up tbh

The BB is a pile of shit and can't compete with HTC or Apple.

I've played with my wife's iPhone and I've got an HTC legend. As a preference I'd go for the Legend as it suits my needs. It's smaller, lighter and faster.
atz_49

15th Jun 10 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wait for the Samsung Galaxy S to be released in a few days time. Will blow the Desire and 3gs out of the water. May give the iPhone4 a run for its money.
PaulW

15th Jun 10 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by atz_49
Wait for the Samsung Galaxy S to be released in a few days time. Will blow the Desire and 3gs out of the water. May give the iPhone4 a run for its money.

The only thing it has going for it is the A8 CPU, PowerVR graphics chip and the 4" screen... Being Samsung however, if its anything like what they did with the Omnia, it will be loaded with crap (worse than Orange branded phones in fairness), and run like a dog...

No flash on the Galaxy either...
atz_49

15th Jun 10 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
quote:
Originally posted by atz_49

The only thing it has going for it is the A8 CPU, PowerVR graphics chip and the 4" screen... Being Samsung however, if its anything like what they did with the Omnia, it will be loaded with crap (worse than Orange branded phones in fairness), and run like a dog...

No flash on the Galaxy either...

Well comparisons to the iPhone are slightly more difficult but relative to the Desire it's got a better processor, better graphics card, a much better screen with better touch screen functionality with Swype out of the box, can play Divx, Xvid and MKV files out of the box, more internal memory, 2Gb of ROM as opposed to 512MB of the Desire and will have flash support when android 2.2 is released, which will probably hit the Galaxy S before the Desire due to HTC's poor track record of delivering updates.

New Poll