corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » emissions test on MOT

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author emissions test on MOT
WARPED

User status: Offline
20th Mar 03 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i went with my mate for his MOT on his corsa and the co2 was 2 high so he blasted it round the block, came back and it passed! explain? ? ?

[Edited on 20-03-2003 by WARPED]
Cybermonkey

20th Mar 03 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get the CAT up to temperature, it works much more efficiently when hot. God knows why british cars need them anyway. Our climate is far too cold to warrant them, and most engine sizes are around the region of 2.0's, which punch out hardly any fumes compared to australian/american counterparts. Also with the fact that local shops are 100metres down the road, not 100 miles, like in many other countries around the world also warrants why the fuck CATs are needed at all. They DONT work until they have gone a good 20miles to heat up. fucking government

Dave
WARPED

20th Mar 03 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thing was we had driven into town and gone straight in for the MOT, it should have heated up already, the guy was sayin it cud be piston rings or valve stems (i think)
Stu_22

20th Mar 03 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A good thrashing might clear up some crap on the cat so making more effective
WARPED

20th Mar 03 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool, good excuse for a good thrashing
leeshez

20th Mar 03 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will have to remember this
Miner

20th Mar 03 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Prob talkin pish about the stems/rings! They told me my car needed a wheel bearing but it didn't! Mines almost failed cos of my induction kit & the fact that i removed my c/s! The tester couldn't get the reading to drop quick enuf!

New Poll