corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fault code on corsa B SXi

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fault code on corsa B SXi
calidus

User status: Offline
   17th Mar 03 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rite then, this is how my cars bin so far, I had a fault lite come on a couple of months after I bort the car, and had it checked,the car had been idling incorrectly, was diagnosed as stepper motor/idle control valve, so I got that sorted, now the car has hoooooooj flatspots at about 2500-4000rpm,and the management lite comes on, I borrowed a diagnostic kit from my brothers work place,and it diagnosed the lambda sensor giving poor current
-I took it off, gave it a scrub with a brush n refitted, car was ok for bout 30mins then went to having flatspots again- anyone else had this problem? was chatting with a mechanic at vauxhall and he said that the symptoms the code reads may not mean the lambda sensors at fault, its just the simptoms are the same as that problem I dunno whether to get a new lambda sensor or wot now
Gambit

17th Mar 03 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you running an induction kit?

the lambda sensor error occurs when the fuel mixture is too rich

i used to get it on my corsa all the time when i had th RamAir induction kit on it. never used to happen with the K&N, i presumed that RamAir was allowing more air through it.

all i done was reset my ECU to get rid of the lambda sensor problem, then ducted cold air from behind the headlight to make sure it got rid of the flatspots

[Edited on 17-03-2003 by Gambit]
calidus

18th Mar 03 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will try resetting it tomoro when I paint my brakes
Ed Renshaw

18th Mar 03 at 23:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pop over m8 - I've got a spare lambda you can try.
dja

18th Mar 03 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trust Ed,after his recent experience,he is THE man to ask about lamda's.
By the way ed,its dathers from MIG.
Dave

New Poll